Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

17 hours ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

Some flower abstracts

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Some flower abstracts posted by fotoingenio September 10, 2011 11:24AM reply | quote
posted by fotoingenio

This was my day today... You can critique if you like!
Let me know how you like them?

There you go... not to many now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2011 01:20AM by fotoingenio.
Re: Some flower abstracts posted by Ol' Don September 13, 2011 06:08AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

A photographer friend once told me that the sign of a good photographer was a full trash can! I think you should be more selective in your offerings here. Or perhaps, just too many at once.

I will say though that I really like number 481, and 484. And of course the first one (339) is wonderful!

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: Some flower abstracts posted by jffoto September 13, 2011 03:08PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
I agree-to many at once. But many nice images among, my fave is #1-well done work.

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: Some flower abstracts posted by RichB October 19, 2011 04:35AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

#1 is my absolute favorite as well.

Rich
Re: Some flower abstracts posted by hebphoto October 19, 2011 07:15AM reply | quote
posted by hebphoto

Yes I agree with all the above & #1 is a great image

Malcolm
Re: Some flower abstracts posted by jffoto October 19, 2011 05:14PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
I agree - to many at once. My fave is #1 - I like the composition, colors and soft look a lot.

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: Some flower abstracts posted by Digitalis October 20, 2011 05:02PM reply | quote
posted by Digitalis

Ol' Don
A photographer friend once told me that the sign of a good photographer was a full trash can!

Judging by that criterium I must be an excellent photographer haha lol ;)

But let's be serious, I can only see one photo now, I assume you removed the others, but I like the one that I see.
I would have liked to see the others to tough, for comparisation, I think that on a forum where you ask for peoples opinion it's shouldent be a problem to place more then one picture of the same object because it makes it easier to get a real opinion other then just "That looks great!"

***Painting with light is the sweetest delight***
Re: Some flower abstracts posted by fotoingenio October 20, 2011 05:42PM reply | quote
posted by fotoingenio

Digitalis
Ol' Don
A photographer friend once told me that the sign of a good photographer was a full trash can!

Judging by that criterium I must be an excellent photographer haha lol ;)

But let's be serious, I can only see one photo now, I assume you removed the others, but I like the one that I see.
I would have liked to see the others to tough, for comparisation, I think that on a forum where you ask for peoples opinion it's shouldent be a problem to place more then one picture of the same object because it makes it easier to get a real opinion other then just "That looks great!"

It was me who took the photos down... It is so hard to please some people... I was so exited about my photos... Then I read Ol' Don's opinion... overwhelmed by 30 some photos...
He could said that my work was good or bad... but no! it was to many... if he only new how many I took that day... to choose only 30...
...and particularly I'm not impressed by his work... so... not my loss! and I don't want to sound more arrogant than people that cant appreciate a work... but a quantity
Then I see a desolated forum and wonder why?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2011 05:43PM by fotoingenio.
Re: Some flower abstracts posted by fotoingenio October 20, 2011 05:53PM reply | quote
posted by fotoingenio

I guess 30+ is to mush... 0 is enough?

Ol' Don thanks for your (and the otters) encouragement to share work! You should see what I did the other day... But is to much!
I guess I'm moody don't pay attention...
I'm very exited about posting here!!! or NOT!
Re: Some flower abstracts posted by hebphoto October 20, 2011 06:24PM reply | quote
posted by hebphoto

Hi fotoingenio
Don't be disheartened by others comments
I to found it two much to take in and full appreciate in one post .
However you had some very good images and wish I had taken #1 its a great image .
Maybe a possiblitiy would have be to spread over several postings .

keep up the good work

Regards Malcolm
Re: Some flower abstracts posted by Digitalis October 20, 2011 06:48PM reply | quote
posted by Digitalis

Hmm I didn't mean to stir things up around here, I'm sorry if I did.
I'm sure Ol' Don and the others meant well, and in a way I can see their point, like hebphoto just said; maybe it can be to much to take up for people.

Still i do not fully agree with them tough; on this forum I see a lot of topics where people only post a few of their best pictures and the reactions to these pictures are always the same; people congratulating each other on what great pictures they take...
Not that there is anything wrong with wanting to show off your best pictures or being positive about them but, but when someone asks for critisism there should also be room for saying; "maybe you should work on your composition on photo nr. 4" or "try shooting this picture with using a bigger aperture" or whatever and not just "your pictures are all great, I espeacially like nr. 1,2 and 3".
Ofcourse sometimes it's hard to critisise, because (like me ) you do not have enough knowledge on the subject to educate others or because you are afraid to offend people... but this is really something I miss when I visit this forum.
In this case, just saying that there are to many pictures isn't the sort of critisism I mean (although, for as far as i'm concerned you should be able to say this just as well), maybe you should instead try to focus on a few pictures that need improvement and give tips to the person that placed them on the forum, and when you tell someone that you like one off their pictures; tell them why, what makes this picture a great photo to you?
That's the sort of critisism that people can use to improve their skills in lensbaby photography!

***Painting with light is the sweetest delight***

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2011 06:49PM by Digitalis.
Re: Some flower abstracts posted by fotoingenio October 20, 2011 06:57PM reply | quote
posted by fotoingenio

Ol' Don
A photographer friend once told me that the sign of a good photographer was a full trash can! I think you should be more selective in your offerings here. Or perhaps, just too many at once.

I will say though that I really like number 481, and 484. And of course the first one (339) is wonderful!

Sorry man but that friend of yours...
I prefer to have many good shots than just a lucky shot
A sign of a good photographer is a consistent good body of work! A full trash can is only that... a photographer whose work is trash
So you post a post and say you went out photographing and you end up posting one photo on the forum... pleassssssse don'd waste your time telling you are a photographer... that was a lucky shot
I don't have my name on a few magazines by having a trash can full of my work!
Malcom thanks!

Digitalis you can see some of the otter photos in this link

[www.portadafotografica.com]

Ivan Matos

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today