Latest Post

7 hours ago by Fastback67

Re: The Lutheran Home

view post

Cactus

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Cactus posted by emurph2 June 27, 2011 03:12AM reply | quote
posted by emurph2
I used both of the macro attachments with the telephoto for these.
Thanks for looking!

5. Took the telephoto and macro off for this one.

Re: Cactus posted by Koen June 27, 2011 03:32AM reply | quote
posted by Koen

Nice! Love #1 and #9
Re: Cactus posted by Touwe June 27, 2011 04:11AM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

Did you boost the colors/saturation/vibrancy in photoshop at all? Not that there is anything wrong with that, I am all for post production enhancements.

The colors in these are amazing. I was just thinking to myself the other day about how I was entirely uninspired to shoot with my LB lately and after seeing these I really feel like I need to put some time in with it next time I go to the local botanical gardens. I could definitely see some of these hanging on someone's wall.

What optic were you using for these? My guess would be either the plastic or single glass but I am always so bad at determining that.
Re: Cactus posted by emurph2 June 27, 2011 05:10AM reply | quote
posted by emurph2
Thank you very much Koen and Touwe!

The only image that went into PS is the first one and it does have a lot of color and contrast added to it. The rest were edited in Lightroom only. They definitely have to have some contrast boost and some added vibrancy in some. I shoot RAW, so they are kind of blah without some contrast and exposure adjustments. I don't spend a lot of time on it though, it's quick and easy. I'm not positive, but I think most were done with the Plastic Optic. I didn't think I'd ever use it, but I seem to have it on most of the time. I enjoy the softness. I use a 180 macro lens for most of my macro work and the Lensbaby images look so completely different. I really like the soft blending of colors I get with the Lensbaby and I like the blurred cactus spines. I think they are more interesting blurred than sharp. I also notice that my background gets darker with the Lensbaby in theses macro images, and I like that too. The scene viewed in person looks nothing like these images and that's fun to me. It's also a lot easier to carry around than the 180.
Re: Cactus posted by Simon_Rooke June 27, 2011 06:20AM reply | quote
posted by Simon_Rooke

These are beautiful. Congratulations. :)
Re: Cactus posted by Superthor June 27, 2011 06:21AM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Iteresting,and beautiful colors!

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Cactus posted by FocusPocus June 27, 2011 06:52AM reply | quote
posted by FocusPocus

Wonderful shots! 1, 3, 6, and 9 really stand out to me.
Re: Cactus posted by Outback June 27, 2011 08:55AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

All of these are beautiful with #5 being my favorite. I like the LB rendering of the cactus in that partular shot while still keeping it recognizable for subject.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)
Re: Cactus posted by Touwe June 27, 2011 09:37AM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

That is something I really love about using the LB is it doesn't force you into the normal sharp clean photo style and creates some really unique images.
Re: Cactus posted by popquiz June 27, 2011 10:02AM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

stunning!

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: Cactus posted by emurph2 July 13, 2011 05:23AM reply | quote
posted by emurph2
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments!
Re: Cactus posted by joxon July 13, 2011 10:06PM reply | quote
posted by joxon

I like most of them, love when you have centered the subject as well as the sweet-spot, the softness make the images look ethereal!

Good job :D
Re: Cactus posted by wefi July 13, 2011 10:55PM reply | quote
posted by wefi

Really like all of these, but in particular 6 and 7. Love the little ant that came along for the ride :) Prickly pear have beautiful flowers.
Anne
Re: Cactus posted by Do7anii July 16, 2011 06:26AM reply | quote
posted by Do7anii

Wow! these are superrb!! Beautiful colours &composition. Well done. 1&9 are my favorite. :)

Visit: [www.do7aniifotos.tumblr.com]
Re: Cactus posted by emurph2 July 16, 2011 11:33AM reply | quote
posted by emurph2
Thanks a lot for the kind words!
Re: Cactus posted by ScottM July 17, 2011 10:48AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

love them all, need I say more.
Scott
Re: Cactus posted by fotoingenio September 09, 2011 10:39PM reply | quote
posted by fotoingenio

wow wow WOW!!!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today