Latest Post

6 days ago by jffoto

Re: Tulipmania

view post

Just got the sweet 35

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Just got the sweet 35 posted by Simon_Rooke June 19, 2011 05:10AM reply | quote
posted by Simon_Rooke

I just got my sweet 35 optic. Its taken me a while to get used to the focus. Its a bit different to the Double Glass optic.
Heres 2 of the portraits I took yesterday.

Noe with the Sweet 35 by Simon in Southend, on Flickr

Noe BW by Simon in Southend, on Flickr

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2011 04:40AM by Simon_Rooke.
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by Simon_Rooke June 19, 2011 05:46AM reply | quote
posted by Simon_Rooke

Another

On the bench - Sweet 35 by Simon in Southend, on Flickr
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by Lucinity June 19, 2011 08:15AM reply | quote
posted by Lucinity

Beautiful images! I like how the movement of the dress in #2 blends with the background.

Lucy
www.lucinity.com
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by Superthor June 19, 2011 02:56PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Nice photos. 2 and 3 especially.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by srpatife June 19, 2011 09:24PM reply | quote
posted by
wonderfully done, love the first one.
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by Simon_Rooke June 20, 2011 02:59AM reply | quote
posted by Simon_Rooke

Thank you for the words of encouragement everyone :)
I love my Lensbabies.
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by Simon_Rooke June 20, 2011 05:34AM reply | quote
posted by Simon_Rooke

Annnnd another

Noe BW by Simon in Southend, on Flickr
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by Lucinity June 20, 2011 05:58AM reply | quote
posted by Lucinity

These are so charming!

Lucy
www.lucinity.com
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by Simon_Rooke June 22, 2011 06:08AM reply | quote
posted by Simon_Rooke

Thank you very much :)
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by Simon_Rooke June 27, 2011 06:10AM reply | quote
posted by Simon_Rooke

Sorry, only one new photo here, just trying to upload them properly instead of linking to my flickr.
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) June 27, 2011 06:56AM reply | quote
These are fantastic! I agree with Lucy: the movement matches the blur and compliments the photo's cheerful energy.
Thanks for posting & keep up the good work!
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by Outback June 27, 2011 08:48AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Very, very nice Simon! Thanks for posting these.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. (Thomas A. Edison)
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by Simon_Rooke September 08, 2011 02:54AM reply | quote
posted by Simon_Rooke

A re-edit of an older pic, just done the BW in another way.
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by DMacDzigns September 08, 2011 02:37PM reply | quote
posted by DMacDzigns

Very nice portraits. I like the results but am wondering now that you have both the Sweet 35 and the Double Optic, what do you feel is the difference between the two and why would one want both. Thanks in advance, DMc

DMacDzigns / www.DMacDzigns.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2011 02:39PM by DMacDzigns.
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by Eisbrecher September 14, 2011 06:47PM reply | quote
posted by Eisbrecher

I wondered samething before I got mine. Sweet35 is my all around lens, I love how easy it is compared earlier aperture ring swapping. But I haven´t abandoned my Double Glass either... you can´t use macro, telephoto or wide angle with Sweet35. And creative apertune disks are nice sometimes too.

Oh, and I really love those picture´s. My fav is second one.
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by DMacDzigns September 15, 2011 06:23AM reply | quote
posted by DMacDzigns

Thanks, Eisbercher. That answers my question. It sounds tempting but I think I will stick with what I have for awhile. At least until I get more money in my pocket, that is.

DMacDzigns / www.DMacDzigns.com
Re: Just got the sweet 35 posted by Simon_Rooke September 15, 2011 11:31PM reply | quote
posted by Simon_Rooke

Sorry, I just noticed your reply.
My opinion is similar in regard to the use of creative aperture.
I do prefer the bokeh of the double glass optic though, just a tad.

The Sweet 35 does however addict you in the same old lensbaby way.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today