Latest Post

3 hours ago by ranfoto

Re: Couple More Redscales

view post

New pics from Peru Trip

Newer Topic | Older Topic

New pics from Peru Trip posted by frankieboy May 17, 2011 04:18AM reply | quote
posted by frankieboy
First time using my lensbaby on a trip. Please be honest.
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by digimatt May 17, 2011 04:27AM reply | quote
posted by digimatt

...and it was a very good idea to take the lensbaby on that trip.
I like this pics very much. BW works good on all of them.
2,3,5,6,7 i like especially.

Matthias
Switzerland
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by RichB May 17, 2011 05:51AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Welcome to the forum! I especially like images 2 and 3.

Rich
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by Superthor May 17, 2011 05:52AM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Great portraits,and i also like the landscape photos!

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by frankieboy May 17, 2011 07:21AM reply | quote
posted by frankieboy
Thanks all. This keeps me motivated to keep bending.
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by Joe Nation May 18, 2011 02:05AM reply | quote
posted by Joe Nation

3 and 7 are my favourites.
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) May 18, 2011 02:44AM reply | quote
Great work! I take your "please be honest" to mean that your'e looking for more in-depth opinions on your photos so here goes:
I like the composition in #2 and #4. The way the water reflection in #2 melts into the blur adds to the image's dreamy quality while emphasizing the sharply focused symmetrical reflection. #4 Takes advantage of the Double Glass optic's cone-shaped depth of field: much of the spiky plant in the immediate foreground is as sharply focused as presumable subject (the ruins in the background) while the blurred borders eliminate other distractions.

Keep up the good work & thanks for sharing!
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by gomming May 18, 2011 03:40AM reply | quote
posted by gomming
These are all great. I especially love the first 3, and love that you shot them in black and white.
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by frankieboy May 18, 2011 09:46AM reply | quote
posted by frankieboy
Thanks so much Michael from Lensbaby. In depth opinion is what helps me grow. Just received my sweet spot 35 and am looking forward to posting some pics.
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by frankieboy May 18, 2011 09:48AM reply | quote
posted by frankieboy
Thanks to all for your comments they are appreciated.
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by hp May 18, 2011 08:33PM reply | quote
posted by hp

nice images,love the # 3&4 and the portraits.
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by mds May 19, 2011 03:43AM reply | quote
posted by mds

Wonderful photography! I'd only Hope mine would turn out this Good on a trip! Love the B & W.

Diane
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by Mamaoval May 20, 2011 10:45AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

I like them all, but am particularly fond of the canoe in #2.
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by Outback May 21, 2011 04:34AM reply | quote
posted by Outback

Beautifully composed photographs frankieboy.

Numbers 1 and 2 my personal favorites in this string. Do you recall or did you record which apertures you shot these two with?
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by Lorna Taylor May 24, 2011 11:03AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Fantastic work , beautiful use of the Lensbaby ! Love the shot of Machu Picchu such a unique take on much photographed location. The portrait shots are just perfect , love the choice of B&W for all the images .

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by earlycj5 May 27, 2011 04:40PM reply | quote
posted by earlycj5
Beautifully captured. The subjects presented here work well for the Lensbaby except for maybe 3 and 7.

2 and 4 are my favorites of the set.

The portraits are great examples of Lensbaby work.
Re: New pics from Peru Trip posted by distortoid May 28, 2011 05:45AM reply | quote
posted by distortoid
2,3 and 4 are awesome!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today