Latest Post

7 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Fisheye Star Trails

view post

My very first LB photo

Newer Topic | Older Topic

My very first LB photo posted by Touwe March 07, 2011 04:56AM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

Well... at least the very first one that wasn't an incomprehensible blur.

I can already tell there will likely be no way I am going to return this one. I am having way too much fun with it.
Re: My very first LB photo posted by RichB March 07, 2011 07:22AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Daniel,

A warm welcome to the forum. Happiness must be a first Lensbaby photo that is as nice as this one is! Beautiful. Look forward to seeing more.

Rich
Re: My very first LB photo posted by poluc March 08, 2011 04:52AM reply | quote
posted by poluc
Welcome to the forum Daniel,
beautiful abstract,like it very much.
Re: My very first LB photo posted by Touwe March 08, 2011 07:19AM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

I think I am just going to keep posting my LB pictures all within this thread. Kind of a series of my progression in getting used to using the lens.
Re: My very first LB photo posted by doro March 08, 2011 07:27AM reply | quote
posted by doro

:-) great start... keep them coming!

doro

have a wonderful day!

[www.dorothee-rapp.de]
Re: My very first LB photo posted by Touwe March 14, 2011 02:32PM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

A couple from my time shooting today. I am still having a lot of trouble getting good sharp focus though. I think I am really bad at knowing where exactly I moved the focus to. Oh well it will get better the more I use it.

I may have more to post from today later but for now just these four.
Re: My very first LB photo posted by jffoto March 15, 2011 01:22AM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Nice images Daniel, I love #1-colors and softness, welcome to forum.

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: My very first LB photo posted by Touwe March 16, 2011 08:52AM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

Shooting today still turned up more duds than I would like but I feel much more excited about how some of these turned out than I have with any of my LB photographs so far. I will have more from today up but these were the two I got to editing before I needed to get to other stuff.

Also I don't know if I actually used the 1.6 telephoto attachment for the fireman picture because I was taking it on and off so much when I was around them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2011 08:54AM by Touwe.
Re: My very first LB photo posted by Mamaoval March 16, 2011 11:31AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

The 'star' shape accents on your little butterfly are a nice touch.
Re: My very first LB photo posted by Touwe April 01, 2011 08:01AM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

After another two weeks of working with the LB lens on and off and trying different accessory combination as well as different optics I brought it back to the gardens and tried for some more great butterfly shots and well I am amazed with how much better I have gotten with the manual focus and actually knowing where the FP is at and how big it is.

Just throwing up one for now but I will post more as I continue to edit them.

Also had fun getting questioned by photographers about my LB. Seems to draw some good attention when people see you bending around your lens :-P
Re: My very first LB photo posted by Touwe April 01, 2011 09:29AM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

Thanks, honestly I had forgotten I had put the Star aperture in when I took that one and didn't even notice them until I uploaded it and saw it full size on my computer
Re: My very first LB photo posted by Touwe April 03, 2011 12:30AM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

A couple more from the gardens
Re: My very first LB photo posted by Touwe April 09, 2011 11:43AM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

Had to switch to the LB when I saw this sculpture
Re: My very first LB photo posted by Touwe April 16, 2011 12:23AM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

I love playing with the macro filters
Re: My very first LB photo posted by Superthor April 16, 2011 04:24AM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Interesting,i bought a lensbaby today,but as My camera (Sony nex-5) dont have à normal viewfinder,everything i tried this far been some kind of hazard photogaphy,but i might learn more soon.
And besides,one of the great advantages is the hazardous moments,when i dont know exactly what i get...

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: My very first LB photo posted by Touwe April 16, 2011 05:40AM reply | quote
posted by Touwe

What exactly do you mean by hazard photography? I'm pretty new to photography and don't really know much of the lingo
Re: My very first LB photo posted by Superthor April 16, 2011 02:27PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Hazard photography is what me and some other photographers call it,when we dont know exactly what the visual effects in the photo is,until we uploaded it to the computer.
With à camera without optical viewfinder,the camera screen do not always show the true image before releasing the shutter.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: My very first LB photo posted by studiomh April 16, 2011 09:30PM reply | quote
posted by studiomh
Great photo :)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today