Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by ranfoto

Re: Burning it.

view post

The beauty of color.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

The beauty of color. posted by Onelia Peña Gálvez February 04, 2011 04:14AM reply | quote
Cherries

1. Red is not normally a color that I work with but these cherries have such a strong, bold color that I couldn't resist. I used my lensbaby soft aperture to reduce the overall sharpness.

2. Just a different approach with the cherry.

3.I also tried some isolated shots with a single Cherry and found that I really liked the contrast between the red of the cherry and the blue of some saucers that we have.

I don't know if these two shots will be everyone's cup of tea but that's one of the risks with photography is that you put your heart out there for everyone to see!

4.Stamens.

I liked the simplicity of this shot. Sometimes subtle colours work just as well as bold colours.

It looks l little bit like an engagement ring to me......I don't know if you see the same?

5.6 Blueberries.
I've been working non-stop with these blueberries, I was trying to achieve a painting affect so that rather than simply looking at an image of something that you can eat the viewer could see an image that communicates the complexity of Nature's design!

My hope is that my approach results in the viewer considering this a piece of art rather than simply just a picture of blueberries.

7. Cups.
Well you can't get much more of an 'every day' subject than tea cups......at least not in England! LOL! I have to admit that these are the most colorful teacups that we have which helps a lot. What I really liked about the lensbaby approach with these vivid colors was the blurred bands of blue, red, yellow and green in the background.....particularly the complimentary colors of blue and yellow.

Thank you very much for viewing my work.

Kind regards,
Onelia.
Re: The beauty of color. posted by RichB February 04, 2011 05:55AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Onelia,

As always your shots and descriptions show that you put so much thought into your work. Wonderful images!

Rich
Re: The beauty of color. posted by ScottM February 04, 2011 06:10AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

these are beautiful

Scott
Re: The beauty of color. posted by bnzai9 February 04, 2011 08:04AM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Beautiful series. Amazing use of colors. I love the blueberry shots most of all. Nicely done.

Bnzai9
Re: The beauty of color. posted by codrin February 04, 2011 05:50PM reply | quote
posted by codrin

Wonderful colors here, Onelia! Beautifuly done!

Codrin
[1x.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2011 05:51PM by codrin.
Re: The beauty of color. posted by Onelia Peña Gálvez February 05, 2011 05:28AM reply | quote
Thank you all for taking the time to view and comment on my work! I'm experimenting with more striking colors in my work so I'm glad that you have noticed the colors within this series.

Kind regards,
Onelia.
Re: The beauty of color. posted by MarieJ February 05, 2011 06:12PM reply | quote
posted by MarieJ

Like them a lot, specially the blueberrys.

Marie

[www.mariejonsson.com]
Re: The beauty of color. posted by jffoto February 05, 2011 08:21PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Great series Onelia,I really like the colors-my faves are #5&6, they are so beautiful, well done work!!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: The beauty of color. posted by ErwinG February 06, 2011 09:48PM reply | quote
posted by ErwinG
Maybe I swim against the tide, but I love the shot of the cups
Re: The beauty of color. posted by hp February 07, 2011 05:02AM reply | quote
posted by hp

love 1,4,6! but all are nice images..
Re: The beauty of color. posted by Onelia Peña Gálvez February 07, 2011 07:21AM reply | quote
Hi Marie, Jorgen, Erwin and hp!

Thank you so much for taking the time to add your wonderful comments! I'm really glad to have so much feedback on the color of my images as it has been my focus in my recent work.

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
Onelia.
Re: The beauty of color. posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) February 07, 2011 08:13AM reply | quote
Lovely shots; I particularly like #2. The color combination is fantastic.
Thanks for posting so many great images Onelia!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today