Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

14 hours ago by ranfoto

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

It is a new day!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

It is a new day! posted by Onelia Peña Gálvez February 04, 2011 03:46AM reply | quote
"It's a new dawn.....it's a new day.....it's a new life for me......and I'm feeling good!" :o)

1. I was taking some more close-up shots and one subject that inspired me was a potted fern that I have at home that is just beginning to sprout some new leaves. I love 'emerging' nature and so I spent a lot of time focused on many of the new leaves. When I got to post-processing I fell in love with this particular shot because the curve of the new leaf looks like a person's head resting on their arm....as if they are about to awake to a new life......and the words from the famous song came to mind!

2. Adiantum Leaf dew drop.
Nature will bear the closest inspection. She invites us to lay our eye level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect view of its plain."
Henry David Thoreau

When I downloaded my shots I fell in love with this particular one straight away. I often ask my 7 year old daughter her opinion on my shots because she has a very strong artistic flair.....her take on this one was that it looks like the leaf was blowing bubbles! Very cute!

3.4.5 Ladybird.
I am fascinated with the wonders of nature! I am always impressed by the beauty of the smallest things around us, I love to watch tiny insects in their natural habitat and capture their amazing lives.
For this shot I wanted to combine my passion for macro photography (and lensbaby of course). I have to say that I took probably more than 100 shots and there were many that would have been wonderful if the ladybird hadn't moved at the last minute! LOL!

The combination of lensbaby + macro = headache!.....but lensbaby + macro + live insect = migrane!!!!!!! LOL!

Thank you very much for viewing my work.

Kind regards,
Onelia.
Re: It is a new day! posted by hp February 04, 2011 03:58AM reply | quote
posted by hp

Great pictures, love #1!
Re: It is a new day! posted by ScottM February 04, 2011 06:08AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

very nice shots. 1 and 3 are my fav's.
Scott
Re: It is a new day! posted by bnzai9 February 04, 2011 08:07AM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Amazing work. Perfectly placed focus and outstanding color. Well done. One and three are also my favorites.

Bnzai9
Re: It is a new day! posted by codrin February 04, 2011 05:51PM reply | quote
posted by codrin

Very nice images, really excellent work!

Codrin
[1x.com]
Re: It is a new day! posted by daby1907 February 04, 2011 05:53PM reply | quote
posted by daby1907

Onelia, this is beautiful! Love it!
Re: It is a new day! posted by Onelia Peña Gálvez February 05, 2011 05:26AM reply | quote
Thank you all for your comments! I really appreciate you taking the time to both view and comment on my work. I'm very inspired by all the great work that I see on this website.

Kind regards,
Onelia.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today