Lensbaby Studio Forums

Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) February 03, 2011 07:57AM reply | quote
Portland's grey winter skies can be a bummer but at least all the rain makes for fantastic waterfalls. I took a Sony NEX-3, Lensbaby Tilt Transformer and 35mm Nikon lens on a rainy hike in the Columbia River Gorge the weekend before last and shot a few flooded waterfalls while holding an umbrella over the camera.
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by bnzai9 February 04, 2011 08:20AM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Nice gorge series. Awesome conditions. #3 is really nicely composed.

Bnzai9
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by codrin February 04, 2011 05:50PM reply | quote
posted by codrin

A wonderful series Michael, the last two are my favorites! Very beautiful works!

Codrin
[1x.com]
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) February 07, 2011 08:08AM reply | quote
Thanks for your comments. The pretty scenery makes it fun and easy(er) to take photos.
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by evanlavine February 07, 2011 08:15AM reply | quote
posted by evanlavine

i like number one the most, the mystery and feeling of being in the deep is there! : )
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by jffoto February 07, 2011 01:46PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Great series Michael, I really like the first image, composition, mood and the feeling of being there-well done!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by bodhilens February 07, 2011 08:27PM reply | quote
posted by bodhilens

Beautifully done, all of them!

[bodhilensphotography.com]
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by Lizness July 07, 2011 11:00AM reply | quote
posted by Lizness
Just found my way to the forum...Beautiful image Michael (and so representative -- especially, this year)!

=) Liz
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by Superthor July 07, 2011 09:20PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Nice,but the wheather looks awful....

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by Maria Francesca July 08, 2011 01:50AM reply | quote
posted by Maria Francesca
I like the first and the second shot very much: the place seems to be wonderful !
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by Ellen_nellE July 08, 2011 05:48AM reply | quote
posted by Ellen_nellE

Liked your pictures- beautiful place.
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by Mamaoval July 08, 2011 10:01AM reply | quote
posted by Mamaoval

My husband loves the Columbia River--Your ferns are delightfully different.

Sydney
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by Do7anii July 21, 2011 03:42AM reply | quote
posted by Do7anii

The 1st &last are my favorite. The place looks lovely. I hope you had fun. :)

Visit: [www.do7aniifotos.tumblr.com]
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by picnic July 21, 2011 10:11PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
I love using the tilt and the Nikkor 35/2 on my m4/3 bodies too. I esp. Like #1 and the ferns are lovely. I've shot with a tilt shift on my Canon bodies for years and love that with care I can use the tilt transformer/Nikkor lenses in the same way on my much smaller bodies. Nice group of low contrast sort of mystical shots.

Diane B
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by Lorna Taylor August 25, 2011 11:24AM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Beautiful shots Michael! Love the ferns in #4!

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) August 26, 2011 04:44AM reply | quote
Wow, thanks for all the positive feedback! I'd almost forgotten about these shots.
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by pocahontas_aa August 27, 2011 02:30AM reply | quote
posted by pocahontas_aa

Beautiful pictures and scenery.

It looks like the person in red is taking a picture in the 2nd picture, wonder if you are in their picture? :)

------------
~ my flickr ~
Re: Tilt-Transforming the Columbia River Gorge posted by wefi September 14, 2011 08:47PM reply | quote
posted by wefi

A very appealing series. I wish we had these kinds of conditions here in Texas right now. The area reminds me a lot of places in western Norway where I'm originally from.
Love the hanging ferns in the last one.
Anne

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today