Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by rusteer

Re: gothic

view post

Up in the clouds!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Up in the clouds! posted by Onelia Peña Gálvez January 09, 2011 10:00PM reply | quote
1. I have been playing with my lensbaby a lot recently and have been using the macro attachments and extension tubes to get in as close as I can. This is a bud of baby's breath which is usually used as a filler in bouquets and flower arrangements.

I've always been a fan of small and simple flowers......but this is probably the smallest I've worked with so far!

I liked the effect I got from the background (which is more of the baby's breath) and it gave me the inspiration for the title! :o)

2. This tendril is so tiny it's difficult to describe......less than the size of my baby daughter's pinky nail!.....I'm really beginning to experiment with the combined genres of lensbaby and macro.

I'm fascinated by the cycles of nature and capturing it's magic at various stages. In my posts today I've taken flowers that are on their last day and a leaf about to unfurl for the first time. There is so much beauty around us, I hope my attempts to capture it do some justice towards its majesty!

3. Blueberries. The idea was to create an image with a painted effect that emphasized the pattern of the bottom of the blueberries.

4.Green Adiantum leaf

I used my lensbaby soft focus optic with my soft focus aperture on this shot. I reach for this combination when I'm looking to create a painting affect. It works particularly well with the out-of-focus background leaves which are from the same plant.

I have experimented a lot with monochromatic shots since taking the All About Color course with PPSOP.

Thank you for viewing my work.

Kind regards,
Onelia Peña.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2011 10:18PM by Onelia Peña Gálvez.
Re: Up in the clouds! posted by RichB January 10, 2011 12:32AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Onelia,

As always, your work is so soft and wonderfully beautiful.

Rich
Re: Up in the clouds! posted by gauteov January 10, 2011 03:27AM reply | quote
posted by gauteov

Beautiful pictures. Inspiring series. Blueberries for me, thank you!

gauteov

[www.fotogaute.net]
[500px.com]
Re: Up in the clouds! posted by bnzai9 January 10, 2011 04:10AM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Beautiful images and descriptions. Great colors and textures throughout.

Bnzai9
Re: Up in the clouds! posted by codrin January 10, 2011 04:12AM reply | quote
posted by codrin

Wonderful works Onelia, so beautifuly done!

Codrin
[1x.com]
Re: Up in the clouds! posted by Onelia Peña Gálvez January 10, 2011 04:44AM reply | quote
Hi Rich, gauteov, bnzai9 and Codrin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to both view and comment on my work. I'm always so delighted to receive feedback from experienced lensbaby users and I know that you guys have been part of this forum for a long time and produce wonderful work.

I'm currently taking Kathleen Clemons lensbaby class through PPSOP. I will continue to post some of my work here as I go through her wonderful class.

Happy New Year to you all and thanks again for your comments.

Kind regards,
Onelia.
Re: Up in the clouds! posted by poluc January 10, 2011 07:01AM reply | quote
posted by poluc
Beautiful pictures,
big fav to the blueberries.
Re: Up in the clouds! posted by Nino January 13, 2011 01:07AM reply | quote
posted by Nino

Love it!Beautiful work.

Nino
Re: Up in the clouds! posted by Onelia Peña Gálvez January 13, 2011 02:32PM reply | quote
Hi poluc and Nino,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your positive comments. I really appreciate it.

I am focusing my efforts on the combination of lensbaby, macro and food or flowers. I'm really pleased with the response I have had to the blueberries so I am going to try and post some more lensbaby/macro/food shots to see what kind of response I get. I really love this forum and think it's a wonderful web site for everyone to express and share their vision.

Thanks again for your comments.

Kind regards,
Onelia.
Re: Up in the clouds! posted by jffoto January 13, 2011 04:24PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Beautiful work Onelia, I really like them a lot - you have done a great job!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: Up in the clouds! posted by Onelia Peña Gálvez February 05, 2011 05:29AM reply | quote
Many thanks Jorgen.....coming from you that means a lot!

Kind regards,
Onelia.
Re: Up in the clouds! posted by ErwinG February 06, 2011 09:43PM reply | quote
posted by ErwinG
Gorgeous images, Onelia. Your shots make me want to try the macro attachment. Did you combine the macro attachment with extension tubes for all these shots?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today