Lensbaby Studio Forums

HDR shooting with a Lensbaby

Newer Topic | Older Topic

HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by danilop January 07, 2011 07:52PM reply | quote
posted by danilop

Today, during a walk in Rome near the Tiber River, I tried some HDR shots with my favorite Christmas present: a Lensbaby Composer. The sun was setting down but the sky was still bright, there was some clouds and the overall light was beautiful. These are the best results I got.

Rgrds,
danilop

[ blog.danilopoccia.net ]
Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by francesco January 07, 2011 08:20PM reply | quote
posted by francesco
fantastiche!
my fav is #1, and I think it would work even better in B&W

francesco

the river flows
and in it I swim
Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by danilop January 07, 2011 08:39PM reply | quote
posted by danilop

Hi francesco!

Thanks for your comments, you got the point and here's #1 in a B&W version. I didn't stress HDR tone mapping and contrast to produce an unrealistic image.

BTW, myt favorite is #3.

Rgrds,
danilop

Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by jonesyjerrid January 08, 2011 12:56AM reply | quote
posted by jonesyjerrid

Nice work! I would agree 3 is my favorite!

[web.me.com]
Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by danilop January 08, 2011 02:20AM reply | quote
posted by danilop

Thanks jonesyjerrid,

I followed your signature link and I like your shots, too!

Rgrds,
danilop

Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by bnzai9 January 08, 2011 03:03AM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Great shots of a beautiful city. Nice lines, curves, and architecture.

Bnzai9

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2011 03:03AM by bnzai9.
Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by danilop January 08, 2011 04:32AM reply | quote
posted by danilop

Hi bnzai9,

I'm glad you appreciated my shots!

Rgrds,
danilop

Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by jffoto January 08, 2011 06:24AM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Nice series Danilop, it looks good in HDR - but I like the B/W the most, well done!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by danilop January 08, 2011 07:27AM reply | quote
posted by danilop

Thanks jffoto,

the B&W hint from francesco was very good, I agree!

Rgrds,
danilop

Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by daquestaparte January 13, 2011 04:42PM reply | quote
posted by daquestaparte
All three are wonderful.
For me the first shows most of Rome.
And I wouldn't want to have missed the colors.
Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by danilop January 13, 2011 05:01PM reply | quote
posted by danilop

Hi daquestaparte,

thanks for your appreciation!

B&W Vs. Color is very subjective (I posted some samples on my blog) and gives different emotions to the same photo.

I often keep both versions for the very same shot!

Rgrds,
danilop

Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by daquestaparte January 13, 2011 08:43PM reply | quote
posted by daquestaparte
danilop
B&W Vs. Color is very subjective (I posted some samples on my blog) and gives different emotions to the same photo.

In this case the colors brought me back to Rome, while BW didn't. Definitely different emotions.

ciao
dqp
Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by mmuschett January 15, 2011 03:03AM reply | quote
posted by mmuschett

All three are nicely done. I think I prefer the colour version of #1 but both are excellent.
Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by danilop January 15, 2011 03:27AM reply | quote
posted by danilop

Hi mmuschett,

thanks for your opinion!

Rgrds,
danilop

Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by picnic January 15, 2011 01:03PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
Agree about colors eliciting different emotions but since I don't have that connection to Rome the B&W was my favorite. Very nice. Have to check out your blog.

Diane
Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by danilop January 15, 2011 07:39PM reply | quote
posted by danilop

Thanks picnic/Diane,

I have to post some new Lensbaby shots on this forum soon.

Rgrds,
danilop

Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by Murse January 16, 2011 04:33AM reply | quote
posted by Murse

That B&W shot is awesome. I think that the the sets of couples on the right really set the tone for the shot. Thanks for sharing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2011 04:42AM by Murse.
Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by danilop January 16, 2011 04:46AM reply | quote
posted by danilop

Murse,

thanks for your comments!

Rgrds,
danilop

Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by Ol' Don January 17, 2011 02:51AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Did you use multiple images to create the HDR, or a single image?

Nice shots. Thanks for any info.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: HDR shooting with a Lensbaby posted by danilop January 18, 2011 06:20AM reply | quote
posted by danilop

Hi Ol' Don!

I used 3 handheld shots (Av, +/- 2 EV) for each of these images and Photomatix to create the HDR image and tone map it.

Rgrds,
danilop

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today