Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

55 minutes ago by PBlais

Re: Experimenting with flowers

view post

Cedar Point Kansas Flour Mill

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Cedar Point Kansas Flour Mill posted by earlycj5 January 07, 2011 12:39AM reply | quote
posted by earlycj5
I've shot this flour mill several times over the last few years, usually the day was bright and sunny and the trees were all green.

On this day, just before Christmas, the sky was cloudy, and the trees were bare as I was travelling by the mill; giving me just the mood I wanted to capture.

I shot a few shots with my wide-angle lens in color, getting more photos of the river, it was a lovely blue-green color, and the lichens on the mill are yellow and green.

Then I turned my attention to the real reason I'd stopped. I got out the Muse and put the pinhole optic in it.

This is a nine-photo image stitched together with Hugin. I love the eerie atmosphere and the effect that the pinhole has on the flowing water.

This is my personal favorite of all of my photos of this mill, it just captures the atmosphere that I've always felt when here, but rarely was able to convey in a photo.
Re: Cedar Point Kansas Flour Mill posted by RichB January 07, 2011 05:21AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

I can see why this is your personal favorite -- wonderful image. Well thought out and captured.

Rich
Re: Cedar Point Kansas Flour Mill posted by bnzai9 January 07, 2011 11:22AM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Great use of the pinhole. You've definitely captured a mood here. These are the best kind of shots, the ones that come together as you envisioned after trying many different ways. The lensbaby is great for that. Nicely done.

Bnzai9

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today