Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

32 minutes ago by oliver tudoras

LM10 portrait

view post

Lensbaby Plays The Blues

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Lensbaby Plays The Blues posted by Mike Bokeh December 27, 2010 11:40PM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

Here's a Lensbaby interpretation of Blues guitar.

The first image was taken with my Lensbaby 3-G with the 1.6X telephoto attachment @ f4.0

The second image was taken with a Pentax DA70mm @f2.4, which is its maximum aperture.

I thought I'd post both images for comparative purposes.

This is not the final image, though.

I'm going to try different lighting and apertures.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Happy Holidays to all!

Mike

Lensbabies make you think.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2010 11:42PM by Mike Bokeh.
Re: Lensbaby Plays The Blues posted by bnzai9 December 28, 2010 03:58AM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Excellent images. Like the rich colors and placement of focus.

Bnzai9
Re: Lensbaby Plays The Blues posted by Mike Bokeh December 30, 2010 01:00AM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

Thanks very much, Bnzai9.

By the way, I looked in your gallery, and there are many nice images there.

I particularly liked the feet on the stairway; it's a very different angle, and it caught my eye right away.

Did you use the plastic optic for most of them?

Mike

Re: Lensbaby Plays The Blues posted by TG-J (Admin) December 30, 2010 09:47AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Hi Mike , Definitely find the LB image more moody. Is it a tele or a copy? tony
Re: Lensbaby Plays The Blues posted by RichB December 30, 2010 12:52PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Mike,

The LB image is the winner for me as well! Happy New Year.

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2010 07:57PM by RichB.
Re: Lensbaby Plays The Blues posted by _Gingerbeard_ December 30, 2010 06:33PM reply | quote
posted by _Gingerbeard_
I'm always a sucker for guitar images and as I'm a "tele" owner as well, this has to get my vote.

The drink on the right is a nice touch, intentional or not!
Re: Lensbaby Plays The Blues posted by Mike Bokeh December 31, 2010 06:45AM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

Tony, my guitar is a G&L Tribute ASAT Special.

The difference between the Tributes, and the regular G&Ls, is that the Tributes are made overseas, whereas the regular G&Ls are made in the USA.

The Tributes have the same American made pickups and hardware as the USA G&Ls. The Tributes sell for about half the price of the USA G&Ls.

The pickups on the ASAT Special are different from the regular ASAT. They're called MFD pickups (magnetic field design) and sound like fuller, more powerful single coils.

If you like Telecasters, you'll like this guitar.

Here's are two videos of what it sounds like.

This one demonstrates its Tele twang.

Thank you all very much for the kind words, Tony, Rich and Gingerbeard.

A safe, happy and healthy New Year to everyone.

Mike

Re: Lensbaby Plays The Blues posted by TG-J (Admin) December 31, 2010 06:53AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Hi Mike, I have a 1970 Walnut ES-335 under the bed, the other guitar I always wanted was a Swamp Mahogany Late 60's Tele. But I gave up playing before I got one. Happy New Year.tony

[lensbaby.com],

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2010 06:57AM by TG-J.
Re: Lensbaby Plays The Blues posted by bnzai9 December 31, 2010 11:06AM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Mike- Thanks for the kind words. I currently find myself using the soft focus and single glass optic most often but I'll use whatever will get me the look I'm going for. I try to post whatever I used with the photos and you should be able to see the optic used at the bottom of the photo. Best of success and Happy New Year.

Bnzai9

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today