Lensbaby Studio Forums

Pink Flowers and Ladybirds

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Pink Flowers and Ladybirds posted by Onelia Peña Gálvez November 28, 2010 04:53PM reply | quote
I got these flowers for my birthday and when I was taking my daughter for a walk I found some ladybirds! They were very lethargic which was not surprising for this time of year and the fact that we have been having a cold spell.

I brought a couple of the ladybirds home with me and after about 30 minutes warming up inside they started to move about. I was excited at the opportunity to use my lensbaby on an insect instead of just the flower and the second image was what I had in mind for insect work with a lensbaby. However, the cold misty morning inspired me to also try the same shot with the soft focus optic and the result was a 'creature emerging from the fog'!

I am really exploring my new lensbaby accessories and I'm pleased to have gotten 3 very different results with my accessories.

Thank you for viewing my work.

Kind regards,
Onelia.

'Find the light within!'
Re: Pink Flowers and Ladybirds posted by RichB November 29, 2010 05:10AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Onelia,

A very nice series and description ...

Rich
Re: Pink Flowers and Ladybirds posted by poluc November 29, 2010 06:28AM reply | quote
posted by poluc
Onelia,
very nice series, especially love the first one
Re: Pink Flowers and Ladybirds posted by jffoto November 29, 2010 06:34AM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Nice series Onelia and a good description - well done!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: Pink Flowers and Ladybirds posted by TG-J (Admin) November 29, 2010 04:33PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Very nice Onelia , I hope no Lady Beetles were harmed during the making of these images.LOL. tony
Re: Pink Flowers and Ladybirds posted by Onelia Peña Gálvez November 30, 2010 02:19AM reply | quote
Hi Rich, poluc, Jorgen and Tony!

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on my work and for your positive comments. I can happily confirm that no ladybugs were harmed in the making of these images.....in fact they got a respite from the cold! :o)

For me an image captured represents the conclusion of a journey of my creative thought processes, my experimentation with subjects/lighting/equipment and an expression of my personality. This is the reason that I take the time, in-part for myself and in-part for those viewing my work, to describe how I took the journey from idea to image. Thank you for acknowledging my description because your acknowledgment confirms for me that the description is part of the creative process and the end result.

Kind regards,
Onelia.

'Find the light within!'
Re: Pink Flowers and Ladybirds posted by platscha November 30, 2010 11:15AM reply | quote
posted by platscha
LOVE THE SECOND IMAGFE THE BEST, WHAT LENS WERE YOU USING, IT TURNED OUT SO WELL.
Re: Pink Flowers and Ladybirds posted by Onelia Peña Gálvez November 30, 2010 11:30PM reply | quote
Hi Platscha,

Thank you so much for viewing my work. For the second image I used my composer with the double glass lens, normally, depending on the subject, I will try different apertures to get different results. When I want something to stand up a little I use the 5.6 or 4, in this case the 5.6 aperture gave me the best result.

I did not want to lose the lensbaby effect and the softness that it brings to the image, so normally I work with this aperture most of the time.

Thank you for asking,

Kind regards,

Onelia.
Re: Pink Flowers and Ladybirds posted by lightchasr December 01, 2010 09:55AM reply | quote
posted by lightchasr

What a beautiful set of images. Lovely effect!

[dougplusrox.com]
www.facebook.com/dougplusrox

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today