Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 day ago by TG-J

Re: side light to flare

view post

Foggy Flint Hills Photoshoot

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Foggy Flint Hills Photoshoot posted by earlycj5 November 21, 2010 12:02PM reply | quote
posted by earlycj5
I've seen a few photos of nature photography using a Lensbaby, I'm sure there are others using it for this, but we don't seem to be as common as folks using it for other purposes.

I took this photo Saturday morning at Konza Prairie Research Natural Area (KPRNA), in the Flint Hills of Kansas.

Personally I'm finding that I want to use the f8 disk for this type of work normally, this one may have been 5.6 since it was so foggy.

But I love the soft feel that the plastic optics give me and the nice soft corners.

I'll be sure to poke around the forum some more and look for more nature photographers, in the mean time, please feel free to share your nature photography photos with us here, please. I'm curious to see what others have captured.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2010 12:09PM by earlycj5.
Re: Foggy Flint Hills Photoshoot posted by francesco November 21, 2010 05:38PM reply | quote
posted by francesco
really love it.
it has a great comp, and the repetition of the smooth curves on the left, each one with its different tone, gives an incredible sense of depth.
In fact I'm not doing to much nature photography, but I should try.....

thanks for sharing

francesco
Re: Foggy Flint Hills Photoshoot posted by RichB November 21, 2010 07:17PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Love the layers provided by the many hills in the background.

Nice work.

Rich
Re: Foggy Flint Hills Photoshoot posted by poluc November 21, 2010 08:20PM reply | quote
posted by poluc
Very nice shot, in my opinion the plastic optic works very well with fogy weather.
Re: Foggy Flint Hills Photoshoot posted by jffoto November 22, 2010 05:58AM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Great image - the Plastic Optic works very well for this kind of images - well done!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: Foggy Flint Hills Photoshoot posted by bnzai9 November 22, 2010 12:13PM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Beautiful image. Nicely composed, the layered hills are really attractive and the colors are perfect. Fog + plastic optic = awesome effect.

Bnzai9
Re: Foggy Flint Hills Photoshoot posted by tirthankar November 22, 2010 12:40PM reply | quote
posted by tirthankar

Good effect with perfect light...Nice shot.

Tirthankar.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today