Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 day ago by TG-J

Re: side light to flare

view post

The Demolition Ready Factory in Infrared

Newer Topic | Older Topic

The Demolition Ready Factory in Infrared posted by rannestad July 27, 2010 02:32AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Haven't converted a camera for infrared yet, but by putting an infrared filter in front of the lens still gives IR images, but the exposure times are eternal, almost.

An old factory ready for demolition. I added a single non-LB image too. If you want to see more, please visit my web page.

Have a nice day.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
Re: The Demolition Ready Factory in Infrared posted by mathogre July 31, 2010 11:04AM reply | quote
posted by mathogre

My fav is 3, Bjorn. Nice work!

Btw, I've looked into going IR with my Canon G9 (higher end point-n-shoot), but it looks like it's a lot of work in post to just get the colors right. Just going with an IR filter (and tripod and LONG exposure times) might be an option for me for beginning.

Graham
Re: The Demolition Ready Factory in Infrared posted by rannestad July 31, 2010 05:38PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

I have mostly done IR for b&w. I think color IR is a weird thing to do, but I may consider for later. I bought a couple of 720 nm IR filters on ebay and have so far only done it with long exposure times. You could do the same for experimentation. The postprocessing takes some time, but not too bad.

Re: The Demolition Ready Factory in Infrared posted by MelBrackstone July 31, 2010 08:47PM reply | quote
posted by MelBrackstone

Infrared with my canon cameras haven't worked well at all, I must admit I've found that very disappointing. I have had an old powershot pro1 converted though. I do like what you've done here Bjjorn!

Mel :) In sunny Brisbane, Australia
[melbrackstone.com]
Re: The Demolition Ready Factory in Infrared posted by kmac July 31, 2010 10:04PM reply | quote
posted by kmac

nice work - like the feeling of isolation in the second image.
Re: The Demolition Ready Factory in Infrared posted by kskinner August 01, 2010 04:24AM reply | quote
posted by kskinner

I keep telling myself I don't like fisheye, just like i don't like so much of the HDR. Then I see images like #2 and have to question myself all over again. Excellent composition and the FE really enhances the ethereal nature of the IR. Wonderful images. Really like #3 too.

Keith Skinner
Berkeley, CA
[renegadeimage.wordpress.com]
Re: The Demolition Ready Factory in Infrared posted by rannestad August 01, 2010 04:30PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Thank you. For you Keith I can tell you a couple of things. First is, no two is not HDR. Second is that I have had the same thoughts about the fisheye and HDR as you do. I think I just stopped telling myself that I don't like fisheye, and started to use it. It is a really fun lens, and works also for more traditional subjects as family etc.

Have a nice day all of you

Re: The Demolition Ready Factory in Infrared posted by parmi August 01, 2010 11:18PM reply | quote
posted by parmi
I love the tones in these Bjorn, really enhanced by the LB lens too. created a surreal, almost alien scape. these are great!!

[parmi.redbubble.com]
Re: The Demolition Ready Factory in Infrared posted by The Intrepid Banana (Admin) August 03, 2010 02:51AM reply | quote
nice colors! love the last two compositions.
Re: The Demolition Ready Factory in Infrared posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) August 05, 2010 03:47AM reply | quote
Wow, I love the IR tones. #2 is great too, and like kskinner said, makes me appreciate the fisheye. I really like the bright sun at the upper left margin of the frame; excellent work.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today