Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

23 hours ago by rusteer

Re: side light to flare

view post

Laguna art festival with soft focus

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Laguna art festival with soft focus posted by platscha July 24, 2010 01:24PM reply | quote
posted by platscha
Just got my soft focus lens yesterday, first try at some shots.
First two are with the +4 macro on by accident.
I do not like when the light effect happens some times in the 3rd photo.
4th is thru a chain link barrier.
Re: Laguna art festival with soft focus posted by Crabcakes July 24, 2010 01:35PM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Love what you've achieved here. And I know what you mean about the "light effect". I just mentioned in another post about the "in your face" quality of shaped apertures with the SF optic sometimes. That said-- Love #2 and #4 (whether it was with one of those apertures or not....the shape of the ap isn't so "in my face", but the effect is Nice!).

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2010 01:36PM by Crabcakes.
Re: Laguna art festival with soft focus posted by platscha July 24, 2010 02:02PM reply | quote
posted by platscha
These were all with the hole apertures disks. I guess you can just use the different apertures with the lens also.
Re: Laguna art festival with soft focus posted by jffoto July 24, 2010 04:12PM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Nice series - I don't like the light effect in #3 either, my favorites are #1 and #2 - very mysterious!

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2010 04:12PM by jffoto.
Re: Laguna art festival with soft focus posted by crfrey71 July 27, 2010 04:28AM reply | quote
posted by crfrey71

I like #4 the most. there is enough there to ake out and it has an intriguing look to it.

[www.pinterest.com]
Re: Laguna art festival with soft focus posted by bnzai9 July 27, 2010 10:08AM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Cool effect. Really like that 4th image for it's soft colors and outstanding composition.

Bnzai9
Re: Laguna art festival with soft focus posted by Ol' Don July 28, 2010 05:38AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Well, your first two might have been accidents with the #4 macro, but I sure do like them! thanks for sharing and thanks for giving me ideas on more ways to use my macro glass!

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: Laguna art festival with soft focus posted by Keri (Admin) July 28, 2010 07:31AM reply | quote
posted by Keri

Just to chime in - you can absolutely use the regular aperture disks and still get the soft focus effect...so do give that a whirl!

See more of my work at [kerifriedman.com] or [www.flickr.com]
Re: Laguna art festival with soft focus posted by kskinner July 28, 2010 09:11PM reply | quote
posted by kskinner

I like 1 and 2 the best also. Very abstract and appropriate for an arts festival.

Keith Skinner
Berkeley, CA
[renegadeimage.wordpress.com]
Re: Laguna art festival with soft focus posted by Petra September 27, 2010 07:07PM reply | quote
posted by Petra

but the 3. pic is an absolutly eyecatcher, it's right you can't do it very often in this way, but one's in a while superb:)))
I had a short work in you personal galery, i like your pictures very much.

For your trip to germany, I need to now, where will you go, from the airport and further on, also the places of austria, I know a few places over there.
But anyway: in the airport building, all kind of steps are a great motiv and if you go to duesseldorf, there is a very good point to view for airplanes, just let me know, where do you go, if it is a small place just the next city to it:)
with best regards from germany, Petra
Re: Laguna art festival with soft focus posted by TG-J (Admin) September 28, 2010 05:07PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Very nicely done. I think #3 works fine. 1&4 are faves.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today