Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 week ago by jffoto

Re: Tulipmania

view post

Black Widow + Something else

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Black Widow + Something else posted by jonesyjerrid July 19, 2010 10:45PM reply | quote
posted by jonesyjerrid

I was in my back yard the other day and I opened a trash can lid to see if it needed to be emptied. Well needless to say it did... But very carefully!

[web.me.com]
Re: Black Widow + Something else posted by TG-J (Admin) July 19, 2010 10:57PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Jonsey...Kool,,,I remember the black widow as a kid, since moving to Oz, I have become familiar with a spider here called the Red Back and couldn't remember the exact differences. Thanks for showing me. I'll see if I can find you a Red Back. Luv the shots. What spider is the last one . Is it the male? tony
Re: Black Widow + Something else posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) July 20, 2010 02:41AM reply | quote
Wow Jonesy; great photos! I really like the background in #4. I'm glad you were bold enough to shoot these.
Re: Black Widow + Something else posted by RichB July 20, 2010 04:00AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Jerrid,

Yes, #4 is a real keeper! Great.

Rich
Re: Black Widow + Something else posted by jonesyjerrid July 20, 2010 08:06AM reply | quote
posted by jonesyjerrid

Thanks guys! Tony would love to see the difference with the Red Back! As for the last one, not a clue as to what it is! I really like what it had done with the web design. Michael and Rich I used Nik Color Efex Pro to get the background color. I was really pleased the way it turned out. Makes me feel better when someone else does too! Thanks again for dropping by and checking these out!

[web.me.com]
Re: Black Widow + Something else posted by mathogre July 20, 2010 11:06AM reply | quote
posted by mathogre

Great shots, Jerrid! I must say that photography wouldn't have been foremost on my mind. ;D

Graham
Re: Black Widow + Something else posted by Crabcakes July 20, 2010 02:19PM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Wow jerrid--#4 is incredible. I ain't skeered of gittin stung, but....a black widow? I don't know.....

As to #5, once caught a spider with the cam that made the same kind of patterns....Argiope aurantia.....or the "Black and Yellow Garden Spider" (very original name...). Don't know the size of your little critter there but mine was quite large...3 inches/6inches with all the legs....very beautiful creature.

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: Black Widow + Something else posted by kmac July 21, 2010 01:07AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

the colors and composition of the fourth are incredible -
Re: Black Widow + Something else posted by caz1260 July 22, 2010 02:26AM reply | quote
posted by caz1260

I really like the simplicity of no 3!
Re: Black Widow + Something else posted by jonesyjerrid July 27, 2010 10:01AM reply | quote
posted by jonesyjerrid

thanks for the info Johnny, he was about the size of a nickel. Kmc, Graham and caz1260 thanks for looking and your kind wordz

[web.me.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2010 10:03AM by jonesyjerrid.
Re: Black Widow + Something else posted by Mariposa July 27, 2010 10:10AM reply | quote
posted by Mariposa

I am really drawn to the last image. Very unique. Nice work.
Re: Black Widow + Something else posted by RedShoesGirl July 29, 2010 12:41AM reply | quote
posted by RedShoesGirl
#4 really is really quite aesthetically pleasing. i think i would make a print of that one. it steps out of the box entirely!

lara
Re: Black Widow + Something else posted by rannestad July 29, 2010 04:13AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

These are great! Love the colors of no 4

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today