Latest Post

7 hours ago by MLedingham

Fisheye question

view post

Lilacs

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Lilacs posted by Lorna Taylor May 11, 2010 12:29PM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Sorry have not had email for awhile, will catch up soon.Here are some lilac images I took before the big move, have yet to use my camera in the new place so these will have to tide me over for now!

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: Lilacs posted by TG-J (Admin) May 11, 2010 01:18PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Lovely shots Lorna. How is your Little house on the prairies? Don't know if I mentioned one of the many places I grew up was Portage la Prairie, nr Winnapeg. My brother is a Canac. I am a pommy. Dad was in the RCAF. At least it's getting onto summer -for now. Can't wait to see some of your prairie shots, just to remind me of what I left behind, living in the sub tropics now. Keep smiling.tony
Re: Lilacs posted by valentinobv May 11, 2010 06:22PM reply | quote
posted by valentinobv

Hi, Lorna. I really like these photos and the softness of the flowers. Did you used the plastic optics for these? Or soft optics? All the best! Vali
Re: Lilacs posted by kmac May 11, 2010 07:55PM reply | quote
posted by kmac

nice, soft colors - first and fifth images are my favorites.
Re: Lilacs posted by RichB May 11, 2010 09:08PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Lorna,

Wonderful softness! Love image #1 (like a painting), and #5 too.

Rich
Re: Lilacs posted by Lorna Taylor May 11, 2010 09:39PM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Thank you all for the supportable comments, much appreciated. I have only been here in my "little house on the prairies" for less than two weeks so completely at a loss as to what to shoot! When out yesterday and bought plants by the truck load, tons of trees and shrubs so hoping to have something to inspire me soon. Now I just have to get everything planted and then it will be happy shooting I'm sure!!! I used the composer at f2 with 4x macro lens and pop up shade with polarizer.Cheers

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: Lilacs posted by TG-J (Admin) May 11, 2010 10:52PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Hi Lorna , I have never mentioned here before , I was head photographer for the Queeensland Tourist & Travel Corp for 12 yrs. I remember my first few assignments in the outback,what the heck do I shoot-SPACE? It is now time to step outside of your box,I have checked out your website & flicker site, you have a lot more talent than I think you are aware of. I have trained photographers with a lot less talent than you, I am sure you will find some wonderful subjects and find interesting ways to approach those subjects with your LB's. Don't be disheartened you are about to embark on a new learning curve. I now relish shooting the outback. SPACE.... all the best .tony.
Re: Lilacs posted by Lorna Taylor May 11, 2010 10:56PM reply | quote
posted by Lorna Taylor

Thanks TG-j , you will not just let me wallow in self pity for even a little while! Thanks for the kick in the butt , will work on my Prairie eye but right now it is surrounded but suburban sprawl but will head out soon and see what I can find!!Cheers

My Flickr Page

www.taylorimages.ca
Re: Lilacs posted by TG-J (Admin) May 11, 2010 11:14PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Suburbia in the Prairies-now you have a slight twinge of sympathy.tony
Re: Lilacs posted by ScottM May 12, 2010 01:25AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Beautiful shots Lorna. The white ones look like popcorn.
Scott
Re: Lilacs posted by juznobsrvr May 12, 2010 07:16AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

hmmm, softness... these are very nice, Lorna

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: Lilacs posted by jffoto May 13, 2010 06:21AM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Nice photos Lorna, I like the softness.
Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today