Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 hour ago by TG-J

Re: 63 Split Window Corvette

view post

First attempts with Lensbaby Composer

Newer Topic | Older Topic

First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by Matt Pringle April 27, 2010 04:37AM reply | quote
posted by Matt Pringle

Hi all, new to this forum. I'd been eyeing the Lensbaby for a while and decided to take the jump and go for it just over a week ago. I must say, it takes a little getting used too. I'm using it on my Panasonic GH1 with a nikon adapter so I think it makes the effective focal length 100mm rather than the normal 50mm. I also purchased the zone plate / pinhole optic but certainly need to practice with it more. All in all, it's been a really enjoyable experience and look forward to more experimentation with it.

I'm off to look around the galleries here for some more inspiration.

All the best,

Matt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2010 05:16AM by Matt Pringle.
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by kmac April 27, 2010 06:14AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

looks like you are doing a pretty good job getting the hang of it - really well done and interesting images - my favorite is probably the two trees - love the simplicity and grain - welcome to the forum.
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by SKF April 27, 2010 06:19AM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Hi Matt,
Welcome to the forum.
This is a great first set of images - you are obviously getting the hang of it.
Cheers

steve
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by jffoto April 27, 2010 06:35AM reply | quote
posted by jffoto
Hej Matt
Welcome to the forum, great first set of images, well done!
Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]

Jørgen
[www.jffoto.dk]
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by RichB April 27, 2010 08:32AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Matt,

Welcome to the Lensbaby forum. I really like the leading lines of the first two images.

Rich
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by codrin April 28, 2010 03:51AM reply | quote
posted by codrin

Excellent images, Matt, a great start so far! Keep it up! Welcome to the forum!

Codrin
[1x.com]
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by Ol' Don April 28, 2010 05:36AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Hi Matt and welcome.

Nice images, I particularly like the first one.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by bnzai9 April 28, 2010 01:34PM reply | quote
posted by bnzai9

Great stuff. Love the compositions and B+W treatment. The first two are my favorites but they each have a great mood and character to them.
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by probe April 28, 2010 08:53PM reply | quote
posted by probe

Interesting series of shots subjected to some moody processing.

Welcome to the forum. :)

[www.flickr.com]
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by juznobsrvr April 28, 2010 11:57PM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

nice... that 2nd one really talks to me (but i have a weird brain)... cheers

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by jonesyjerrid April 29, 2010 08:51AM reply | quote
posted by jonesyjerrid

Welcome!

I would have to say you've got the hang of it! I've found some inspiration in your photos! Mostly the second one. Would like some info on it, if you don't mind.

[web.me.com]
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by myrddhin April 29, 2010 04:22PM reply | quote
posted by myrddhin

Those are some great shots. I love the atmosphere they convey.
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by Matt Pringle May 03, 2010 11:28PM reply | quote
posted by Matt Pringle

Thanks for the comments, very much appreciated.

jonesyjerrid
Welcome!

Would like some info on it, if you don't mind.

I'm not sure what info you're after but it was shot using the double glass optic. It was shot in an alley and the focus is on a rail that runs down one of the walls. If you need any other info just ask.

Cheers, Matt.
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by doro August 16, 2010 07:32PM reply | quote
posted by doro

very inspired set! love your vision, very strong and personal!
#2 and 4 are my faves here :-)

doro

have a wonderful day!

[www.dorothee-rapp.de]
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by The Intrepid Banana (Admin) August 17, 2010 02:19AM reply | quote
Lookin' good Matt! Have you tried shooting some video with the Lensbaby on your GH1 yet? It's a blast.
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by Rob62 August 17, 2010 03:19AM reply | quote
posted by Rob62

Great first attempts I must say, wish my first attempt were like these :-)
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by rannestad August 17, 2010 04:07AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Great start. Welcome to the forum. Like the images.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by Crabcakes August 22, 2010 09:13AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

All are nice but I really love the last three--great tone--great feel.

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: First attempts with Lensbaby Composer posted by MelBrackstone August 22, 2010 01:21PM reply | quote
posted by MelBrackstone

Some beautiful work there, well done!

Mel :) In sunny Brisbane, Australia
[melbrackstone.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today