Latest Post

5 hours ago by RichB

Re: Fisheye Star Trails

view post

A purplish flower

Newer Topic | Older Topic

A purplish flower posted by TG-J (Admin) October 13, 2009 01:03AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Was playing around with calibrations today, found an old one I had written to make my D200 look more like the Fuji S2 it replaced. Found these D200 files and applied the S2 calibration and this is what it gave me. Little bit of posterization here & there. Tony.
Re: A purplish flower posted by RichB October 13, 2009 01:55AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Tony,

Love #1 and #2 especially. Nice to have both landscape and portrait views of such a nice composition as you have here.

Rich
Re: A purplish flower posted by ScottM October 13, 2009 02:39AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Agree with Rich, very nice Tony.
Scott
Re: A purplish flower posted by Crabcakes October 13, 2009 03:31AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Agree Tony, 1 and 2 are absolute "crackers"!

(and pardon my ignorance but what exactly do you mean by "calibration"? I presume you're talking about something in PP. Photoshop? Thanks.)

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: A purplish flower posted by TG-J (Admin) October 13, 2009 08:17AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Thank you again Rich , Scott and Crabby. Crabby, calibration, where to start. A short answer.The most common forms of cal. is screen & printer. To do this you have a series of known color targets which are printed or displayed on screen , then read by some device. Usually a puck-color-meter. The numbers are then recalibrated to represent different colours. This is done so you hopefully get what you see. In the case of a digital camera you use a Macbeth 24 patch colour checker and a colour picker,or you can now get a program called Adobe DNG Profiler(free download) or Xrite Colorchecker Passport,or there is also a script written by I think a fellow called Thomas For. This is done so your camera produces supposedly true color. This principal can also be used to try and simulate the response of different cameras, but unfortunately it does not change the way your camera sees ,it only changes the way the data is converted.A general camera profile is not a particularly exacting sorta thing as the illuminant ie. daylight-flash-sunset is forever changing.

The long answer- I only have 2 fingers and I have to search for every letter, not to mention spell check. It keeps telling me I spell color wrong. A bit like aeroplane- airplane. All tho I grew up in San Jose, color is not one of the things I adopted. Hope this all sorta explains. There is a lot of info on the net I'm sure. Tony.
Re: A purplish flower posted by TG-J (Admin) October 13, 2009 10:45AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Crabby, this illustrates the difference between just adding saturation VS. a profile. Red line points out most obvious unwanted posterization. The profile is not perfect and is pushing the file to much. Tony.

The initial profiles are done with DNG Profile Editor, the second shot shows the difference between 1 DNG PE & a profile done manually with ACR. Posterizes in a different spot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2009 11:14AM by TG-J.
Re: A purplish flower posted by codrin October 15, 2009 04:10AM reply | quote
posted by codrin

Very beautiful work, Tony, like it a lot!

Codrin
[1x.com]
Re: A purplish flower posted by juznobsrvr October 15, 2009 10:52AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

tony, i like how you saturated the color of these images... i think it provides greater contrast

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: A purplish flower posted by TG-J (Admin) October 15, 2009 08:26PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Thank you Codrin. Thanks Rob, after going from Nikon to fuji then back to Nikon, i was quite disappointed with Nikon colour.I spent virtually weeks trying to get fuji color out of it- D200. Tony.
Re: A purplish flower posted by kmac October 16, 2009 11:02AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

love the play of colors in the first two images...
Re: A purplish flower posted by TG-J (Admin) October 16, 2009 11:13PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Thanks Kim, the color of the terra-cotta pot really helps this shot. Tony.
Re: A purplish flower posted by svencoubergs October 18, 2009 10:37PM reply | quote
posted by svencoubergs
Great shots, the colors in combination with the soft focus create a lovely dream effect, so much more interesting then ordinary "sharp images...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today