Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

24 hours ago by TG-J

Re: side light to flare

view post

The Grand Tetons (new images added)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

The Grand Tetons (new images added) posted by BearWoodsDavid September 27, 2009 11:04AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I just finished doing a workshop in the Grand Tetons and wanted to post a few images that I have worked on so far. I will add more as I get them done. Thanks as always for looking.

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2009 10:54AM by BearWoodsDavid.
Re: The Grand Tetons posted by TG-J (Admin) September 27, 2009 11:31AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Niiice. Tony
Re: The Grand Tetons posted by SKF September 27, 2009 04:18PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Nice series David.
Picture perfect.
Cheers

steve
Re: The Grand Tetons posted by RichB September 27, 2009 09:36PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Really nice series. All three are wonderfully captured. I am sure that your workshop was a great success for all!

Rich
Re: The Grand Tetons posted by BearWoodsDavid September 27, 2009 10:25PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Tony, Steve and Rich for the kind comments. Rich, the workshop went really well. Only 2 of the participants were not familiar with LBs before, but are loving the look now! It is so much fun seeing the face of a person when they first see the look of an LB. My next one is in the Smoky Mountains, it should be beautiful there too.

David Akoubian

Re: The Grand Tetons posted by Bob Layne September 27, 2009 11:03PM reply | quote
posted by Bob Layne
Beautiful series.
Re: The Grand Tetons posted by Ol' Don September 28, 2009 01:16AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

David, nice series.

May I ask, is it hard to find that barn? It's a rather famous place isn't it? Just wondering. I'll be going to the Tetons for the first time in about 10 days.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: The Grand Tetons posted by Mark Wade September 28, 2009 04:12AM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

Stunning!
Re: The Grand Tetons posted by BearWoodsDavid September 28, 2009 11:49AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Bob, Don and Mark. Don, the barns are easy to find. Coming out of Jackson you drive past Moose Junction. You will come to a sign that says Antelope Flats Rd to the right. Turn down that road, go to the intersection with the gravel road which is Mormon Row. This barn is to the right, there are several others to the left. It should be on Google Earth, I think. Thanks again.

David Akoubian

Re: The Grand Tetons posted by kmac September 28, 2009 08:31PM reply | quote
posted by kmac

makes me nostalgic for this area of the country - just as I remember it beautiful.
Re: The Grand Tetons posted by ScottM September 29, 2009 03:51AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Nice shots David, look forward to seeing more.
Scott
Re: The Grand Tetons posted by Ol' Don September 29, 2009 07:02AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

David, thanks so much for your detailed directions!

Your images have really whetted my appetite and I can't wait to go!

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: The Grand Tetons posted by BearWoodsDavid September 29, 2009 10:53AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks kmac and Scott. No problem Don, have fun shoot some good stuff. Here are some more that I shot, I hope to do a few more this evening before I retire...

David Akoubian

Re: The Grand Tetons (new images added) posted by RichB September 29, 2009 10:59AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Wow! Now I can't make up my mind which of the two barn views I like best. LOVE them both. Great work as always--all of the images!

Rich
Re: The Grand Tetons (new images added) posted by TG-J (Admin) September 29, 2009 11:03AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Hi David, more nice stuff, what camera were you using and were they all single captures. Just cause I'm a "sticky beak'' ( Oz slang for Nosey Parker). Tony.
Re: The Grand Tetons (new images added) posted by BearWoodsDavid September 29, 2009 12:14PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Rich, that is very kind. Tony, I was using the Nikon D-200 with the Composer and on some of them the ......42x Super Wide. The very first image is HDR, the rest are straight processed in CS3. RAW, then curves with medium contrast and then unsharp mask at 120%. I hope that satisfies your noseiness. LOL.

David Akoubian

Re: The Grand Tetons (new images added) posted by TG-J (Admin) September 29, 2009 12:33PM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Thanks David , I was thinkin to myself that doesn't look like a D300 the colors to nice. But I didn't want to sound like a "Smart Arse" (oz sl. Know it all ). I like CCDs. They're a dying breed. Tony.
Re: The Grand Tetons (new images added) posted by Crabcakes September 29, 2009 03:47PM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Lovely as always David--More mountains from my favorite mountain state (only ever passed through the tetons though...).

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: The Grand Tetons (new images added) posted by BearWoodsDavid September 29, 2009 06:40PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

No problem Tony, I am the same way. Crabby, the Tetons are incredible, I sort of found my original inspiration there to photograph about 34 years ago with my Dad.

David Akoubian

Re: The Grand Tetons (new images added) posted by Bob Layne September 29, 2009 08:00PM reply | quote
posted by Bob Layne
Very nice. Great effect.
Re: The Grand Tetons (new images added) posted by juznobsrvr September 30, 2009 06:25AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

impressive... breath taking... wow

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: The Grand Tetons (new images added) posted by BearWoodsDavid September 30, 2009 07:37AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Bob and Rob for the wonderfully pleasant comments.

David Akoubian

Re: The Grand Tetons (new images added) posted by Bender September 30, 2009 08:03PM reply | quote
posted by Bender

Fantastic! You are lucky to have had the chance to shoot there. Love that first image, the HDR is just right.

Peter
Re: The Grand Tetons (new images added) posted by stevenz September 30, 2009 08:13PM reply | quote
posted by stevenz

a beautiful set of images, thanks for sharing
steve

[10222.portfolio.artlimited.net]
[www.allsoppimagery.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today