Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

15 hours ago by Sophia_Pudding

Re: IT Geek

view post

A short trip to the Smoky Mountains

Newer Topic | Older Topic

A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by BearWoodsDavid August 16, 2009 09:27AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

So I decided that a trip to the Smoky Mountains was needed. I drove up in the middle of the night to do some early morning light and relax. I couldn't quite bring myself to using the plastic optic...sorry Rich...but I did use the single glass optic in the Composer. I also used the new 52mm hood and a circular polarizer. Thanks for looking.

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by RichB August 16, 2009 10:53AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Wonderful series, each one of your five images has its own characteristic beauty, even if you didn't use the plastic optic. :)

Rich
Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by kmac August 16, 2009 11:23AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

all nicely captured - I especially like the mood/lighting in the first three images.
Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by ScottM August 16, 2009 02:33PM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

very nice David.
Scott
Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by BearWoodsDavid August 16, 2009 09:14PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Rich, kmac, and Scott. The Smoky Mountains are an incredibly special place at sunrise. I love the fact they are a couple hour drive from my house and I can go up there anytime.

David Akoubian

Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by Ol' Don August 17, 2009 01:02AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

I particularly like 1,2 and 4. Beautiful light. Thanks for sharing.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by Bob Layne August 17, 2009 04:47AM reply | quote
posted by Bob Layne
Great series, wonderful light.
Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by Kato August 17, 2009 05:24AM reply | quote
posted by Kato

Wonderful images!
Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by juznobsrvr August 17, 2009 08:32AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

nice set, david. just looking at them evokes a relaxing mood.

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by BearWoodsDavid August 17, 2009 09:11AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Don, Bob, Kato, and Rob for the kind words. If you have never been to Cades Cove it is well worth the trip. It is less crowded during the week days but always worth it. Early morning is best. Just be careful during the summer it is open only to bicycles before 10am.

David Akoubian

Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by brscrapper August 17, 2009 09:56AM reply | quote
posted by brscrapper

WOW! They are amazing. With each one, I thought this is my favorite and then I would go to the next one. And, you are right, David...Cades Cove is well worth the trip. I haven't been there in years, but it is beautiful.

Beth
Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by TG-J (Admin) August 17, 2009 10:12AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Hey David, wasn't that the title to a song by the '' Flying Burrito Bros''. LOL. Beautiful shots as always. Tony.

Maybe it was Rocky Mountain Way, by someone else.
Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by BearWoodsDavid August 17, 2009 10:49AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Beth. Tony, I am not familiar with the song, but am very curious now, thanks for the kind words.

David Akoubian

Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by TG-J (Admin) August 17, 2009 11:21AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Hi David , just my sense of humor, Smoky Mountains is something that sounds very American to me , like Flying Burritos . By the way I grew up as a kid in the States and called my first son Xander Cody. Thats American. My second Rhys Dylan, thats Welsh. All the best. Tony.
Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by BearWoodsDavid August 17, 2009 08:41PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Here I was thinking Flying Burritos was a really cool name. What is special about the Smoky Mountains I have thought is that I think it should be spelled Smokey? Oh well...

David Akoubian

Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by michel August 17, 2009 11:30PM reply | quote
posted by michel

Very inspiring! I will be in Gatlinburg this weekend...
Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by kskinner August 18, 2009 09:27PM reply | quote
posted by kskinner

I really like 1 and 3. 1 looks almost like zone plate.

Keith Skinner
Berkeley, CA
[renegadeimage.wordpress.com]
Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by BearWoodsDavid August 20, 2009 05:51AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Michel and Keith. Have fun in Gatlinburg, it should be pretty.

David Akoubian

Re: A short trip to the Smoky Mountains posted by DarkSlide August 20, 2009 09:59AM reply | quote
posted by DarkSlide

That's it, the rest of us can go home! :-)

Fantastic!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2009 09:59AM by DarkSlide.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today