Latest Post

7 hours ago by ebby62

Tiny Red Beetle

view post

a couple from the weekend.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

a couple from the weekend. posted by SKF July 04, 2009 09:44PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

I travelled some distance to catch up with a mate for his 40th b'day. Managed a few shooting stops on the way. The tree is HDR. The church is of such an unusual design I had to shoot it. Please comment as you see fit.

Cheers

steve
Re: a couple from the weekend. posted by RichB July 04, 2009 09:49PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Steve,

Very nice series. Great saturation on the church, and I especially like the beautiful comp and silhouette of #3. The collage is well done.

Rich
Re: a couple from the weekend. posted by brscrapper July 05, 2009 07:20AM reply | quote
posted by brscrapper

These are all beautiful.

Beth
Re: a couple from the weekend. posted by juznobsrvr July 07, 2009 02:47AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

real nice! i like the saturation of the first. but the tone and composition of the second makes it my fave -- did you texturize it?

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: a couple from the weekend. posted by ScottM July 07, 2009 02:56AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

#2 is great , the rest are very nice also.
Scott
Re: a couple from the weekend. posted by SKF July 07, 2009 08:27PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Thanks to you all for your kind words, much appreciated.

Rob, Yes two textures, a scratch texture I have but that is blurred heavily and one I call a grunge texture that adds the vignetting, a golden hue and other marks.

Cheers

steve
Re: a couple from the weekend. posted by Crabcakes July 08, 2009 04:03AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Agree--#2 is fantastic top to bottom

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: a couple from the weekend. posted by Ol' Don July 08, 2009 04:46AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

All are nice but I really like picture number 2. Well done.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: a couple from the weekend. posted by kmac July 09, 2009 06:37AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

there is just something about that second image - just lovely - nice last grouping of images, also.
Re: a couple from the weekend. posted by Bob Layne July 10, 2009 08:21AM reply | quote
posted by Bob Layne
great series.
Re: a couple from the weekend. posted by SKF July 10, 2009 02:02PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Thanks for the further comments it is very encouraging.

Cheers

steve
Re: a couple from the weekend. posted by zatus July 10, 2009 09:50PM reply | quote
posted by zatus

all of them are very good! especially #3, but my favor is #1 ^_^

-------------------
My gallery
[www.flickr.com]
Re: a couple from the weekend. posted by benjamin virgo' July 15, 2009 09:00AM reply | quote
posted by benjamin virgo'

These are some very nice pictures. I too am very moved by photo 2.
Re: a couple from the weekend. posted by Bender July 15, 2009 09:43PM reply | quote
posted by Bender

Love #2 especially but they are all very nice!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today