Latest Post

6 days ago by jffoto

Re: Tulipmania

view post

one tree, 3 new versions

Newer Topic | Older Topic

one tree, 3 new versions posted by ScottM June 11, 2009 02:47PM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Old shot photoshopped to continue my tree obsession. Is the third one too much? I've been looking at it for about a month and I'm confused. Thanks for your input.
Scott
Re: one tree, 3 new versions posted by doro June 11, 2009 06:34PM reply | quote
posted by doro

Hi Scott :)

well...I very much like how you composed the #3 tree in the frame, somehow very direct yet still-life-like. for me the border is competing too much with the leaves, for they lack a little detail...which makes the black dots even more prominent for me. (have to add I am not a big fan of this kind of "aging" textures...but -) the idea works fine for me here, just a bit much.

doro

have a wonderful day!

[www.dorothee-rapp.de]
Re: one tree, 3 new versions posted by RichB June 11, 2009 08:12PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Scott,

My favorite of the three renditions is #1. The black dots in #3 also distract me a bit from your beautiful tree. I would like #2 more if it had been a cloudy day, so as to eliminate the competing shadows under the reflected trees.

Rich
Re: one tree, 3 new versions posted by lateralus June 11, 2009 09:49PM reply | quote
posted by lateralus

1)simple and effective minimal way. i like it
2)great! i dunno if it's intended, but my eyes just "run through" the center of the photo
3)a bit heavy, but very good "gothic mood"

________

ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2009 09:49PM by lateralus.
Re: one tree, 3 new versions posted by Ol' Don June 11, 2009 11:36PM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Interesting images.

I like number one the best. The tree is allowed to be the star and the processing is subordinate and helpful. A very nice "vintage" look to it.

Number two is really fun too. A strong image.

Number three is interesting but perhaps a bit too much "effect".

Thanks for sharing all of these though. Wonderful to look at and think about.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: one tree, 3 new versions posted by ScottM June 12, 2009 12:13AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Thanks for the input. I thought #3 was too much and I'm glad everyone agrees. On #2 I was just messing around and tried something fun. Not sure it works myself.
Scott

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 03:48AM by ScottM.
Re: one tree, 3 new versions posted by kmac June 12, 2009 03:26AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

your tree images are lovely - I think the first works especially well.
Re: one tree, 3 new versions posted by maryemccabe June 12, 2009 09:20PM reply | quote
posted by maryemccabe

Yes, the first one is my favorite, too. Nothing but the tree and I'm drawn into the scene, as opposed to noticing the effects of #2 and #3. Mary
Re: one tree, 3 new versions posted by TG-J (Admin) June 13, 2009 09:57AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Hi Scot, #1 for me to. Have you thought on #2 of moving the 2 images together and creating a symmetrical single tree center frame, this would also hopefully remove the central trough that takes emphasis away from the tree. Just a thought . Hope you dont mind? Tony.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today