Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

19 hours ago by Victoria Bell

Re: The Beach

view post

Tiger Lilies and Single Glass

1 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by BearWoodsDavid June 08, 2009 12:44AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Here are some more of my Tiger Lilies shot with D-200, Composer, Single Glass and wide open.
Thanks again for looking.

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by ScottM June 08, 2009 12:49AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Beautiful David, 1 and 5 are favs for me.
Scott
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by RichB June 08, 2009 04:50AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

Beautiful creations with the single glass optic! 1 and 5 for me as well.

Rich
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by BearWoodsDavid June 08, 2009 10:29AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Scott and Rich for the comments and kind words.

David Akoubian

Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by kmac June 08, 2009 10:34AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

nice soft series - glowing colors - I especially like the simplicity of the first image.
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by lemurhouse June 08, 2009 10:03PM reply | quote
posted by lemurhouse

Lovely. Particularly like the first and the last.
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by igorsv June 09, 2009 12:49AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

this glass works very well for this subject matter. the glowing, soft look is really nice.

Igor
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by juznobsrvr June 09, 2009 01:40AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

david, like the use of single glass on these bots. again smooth and vivid and beautiful.

rob castro

website = [www.justanobserver.com]

blog = [www.juzno.com]
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by WilliamE June 09, 2009 02:39AM reply | quote
posted by WilliamE

David,
I really like the softness and composition of #5. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by Mark Wade June 09, 2009 02:56AM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

beautiful dream!
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by BearWoodsDavid June 09, 2009 09:13AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks again for looking and the very kind comments. They are always appreciated.

David Akoubian

Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by codrin June 09, 2009 09:40PM reply | quote
posted by codrin

A really nice series, beautifuly done, like them a lot!

Codrin
[1x.com]
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by brscrapper June 09, 2009 11:29PM reply | quote
posted by brscrapper

Very nice. I really like numbers 1 and 6. They jusst really jump out at me and make me want to keep looking.

Beth
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by doro June 09, 2009 11:49PM reply | quote
posted by doro

a beautiful set, my faves are 1 and 5...

have a wonderful day!

[www.dorothee-rapp.de]
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by Ol' Don June 10, 2009 01:12AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

All these shots are very nice.

I really think that 1 and 5 are particularly outstanding shots due to the composition involved. I've really been going for softer and softer lately. Must be old age.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by kathy clark June 10, 2009 04:38AM reply | quote
posted by kathy clark

I really like the softness of all of these but I think 3 and 5 are my favorites.
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by BearWoodsDavid June 10, 2009 10:50AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks again for the kind comments. Are these soft, wow, I must be getting to be Ol' Don's age! Just kidding Don.

David Akoubian

Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by jad June 13, 2009 10:52PM reply | quote
posted by jad

Great shots David. I like #5 and #1 the emotion in #1 is awesome. I haven't been on for a while I have been swamped but plan on bending some today at Roan Mountain.

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by Eisbrecher June 15, 2009 01:15AM reply | quote
posted by Eisbrecher

They are all great, expecially number one.
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by lateralus June 15, 2009 03:59AM reply | quote
posted by lateralus

great POV and colors!

________

ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by BearWoodsDavid June 15, 2009 07:59AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks again. Joye, I have wanted to get to Roan for the longest time, I want to see the Rhododendron. I can't wait to see the images.

David Akoubian

Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by jankapoor June 17, 2009 12:01AM reply | quote
posted by jankapoor

They just glow! Beautiful work.

Jan

Landscape, nature and still life using pinhole, zoneplate, Lensbaby DSLR and toy cameras; alternative printing processes including cyanotype, VDB and platinum/palladium. My website: [www.jankapoor.net]
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by maryemccabe June 21, 2009 09:30AM reply | quote
posted by maryemccabe

Whoa, David, how did I miss these? 1 and 5 are my favorites - Tiger Lilies have such a rich color and you've captured that so well here. Mary
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by zatus June 21, 2009 11:08AM reply | quote
posted by zatus

very nice series! especially the last one, awesome!

-------------------
My gallery
[www.flickr.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2009 11:08AM by zatus.
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by Keithnc June 21, 2009 11:22AM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Great shots, I liked the first and last as my favorites.
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by jbrunjes June 24, 2009 01:41AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

David,
These are great. Composition and light are fantastic.

Joby
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by sam June 24, 2009 09:48AM reply | quote
posted by sam

Very nice shots and I will second what seems to be the consensus: 1 and 5 shined for me.

Sam

see with the eyes of a child
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by BearWoodsDavid June 24, 2009 12:43PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks again for all of the wonderful and kind comments. I have not been able to get on the computer for more than a few minutes the past couple of days to respond. Thanks again.

David Akoubian

Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by yesmellow June 24, 2009 08:59PM reply | quote
posted by yesmellow

hi David,nice series..first and last are awesome.nice work!
Re: Tiger Lilies and Single Glass posted by Kath June 24, 2009 09:50PM reply | quote
posted by Kath

Lovely series, David!

Kathleen

www.kathleenclemonsphotography.com
[www.ppsop.com]

My blog: [kathleenclemons.blogspot.com]
1 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today