Latest Post

14 hours ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

on the Carrizo Plain

Newer Topic | Older Topic

on the Carrizo Plain posted by ScottM April 15, 2009 09:42AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

The Carrizo plain National monument in Ca. is a desolate place, smack dab on top of the San Andreas fault. I went there last weekend because I read the flower displays were good. I think I missed them by a week. There were some. but instead of flowers this is what I found.
Scott
Re: on the Carrizo Plain posted by RichB April 15, 2009 09:52AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Scott,

A very well-captured variety of images. I really like them all. Sorry to hear you missed the flowers though.

Rich
Re: on the Carrizo Plain posted by Bob Layne April 15, 2009 10:22AM reply | quote
posted by Bob Layne
Great composition. Really like the B/W.
Re: on the Carrizo Plain posted by juznobsrvr April 15, 2009 10:32AM reply | quote
posted by juznobsrvr

I see these as having good commercial quality. Great job.
Re: on the Carrizo Plain posted by BearWoodsDavid April 15, 2009 11:10AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Very nicely done.

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: on the Carrizo Plain posted by SKF April 15, 2009 04:46PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Scott,
Great set of images. That tree is just asking for it. I love the PP in the third.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

steve
Re: on the Carrizo Plain posted by kmac April 15, 2009 07:25PM reply | quote
posted by kmac

love the west and the wide open desolate places - first two images capture that well.
Re: on the Carrizo Plain posted by blobsmith April 16, 2009 12:23AM reply | quote
posted by blobsmith

Kinda glad you missed the flowers as then we might not have enjoyed these! very good.
Re: on the Carrizo Plain posted by MLedingham April 16, 2009 03:39AM reply | quote
posted by MLedingham

Wow, such incredible shots here, Scott! I think your compositions and lighting are just "spot on". ;) And the small amount of grain that you have added to the old truck adds to a wonderful antique feel.

Best from Norway's Arctic,
Mark Ledingham

See me at [www.markledingham.com] and [500px.com] too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2009 03:44AM by MLedingham.
Re: on the Carrizo Plain posted by Ol' Don April 17, 2009 02:32AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Three terrific images here.

Framed and on the wall as a series I hope.

What LB and aperture?

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: on the Carrizo Plain posted by brscrapper April 17, 2009 02:57AM reply | quote
posted by brscrapper

Such wonderful shots. I agree with blobsmith - glad you missed the flowers. And I have the same question as Ol' Don, which LB and aperature?

Beth
Re: on the Carrizo Plain posted by ScottM April 17, 2009 03:30AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Thanks everyone for thw wonderful comments. Ol' Don and Beth I used the composer and I believe I had the f4 ap in. The first and the second shot I used the superwide.
Scott
Re: on the Carrizo Plain posted by DarkSlide April 20, 2009 08:00AM reply | quote
posted by DarkSlide

Great stuff Scott. When we talked, you were trying to describe the shots to me, but these are better than I imagined. Great stuff.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today