Lensbaby Studio Forums

An abstract kinda day

Newer Topic | Older Topic

An abstract kinda day posted by BearWoodsDavid April 06, 2009 03:49AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

It was 80 degrees a week ago, 40 degrees today, but I wanted to go and photograph some bots. It is windy, so it is an abstract day. Nikon D-200, Composer, Double Glass, f2, enlarging lens stacked on front. Thanks for looking.

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: An abstract kinda day posted by ScottM April 06, 2009 04:30AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

David, I like them all. Crazy weather here also, in the 80's today and tomorrow rain.
Scott
Re: An abstract kinda day posted by RichB April 06, 2009 04:50AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

David,

At least you have some bots to image! We had 2 inches of snow last night, and it is in the upper-30s today. Very few signs of spring.

Very nice captures. If I had to pick a favorite, it would be between #2 and #3. The crisp clear focus on the stamen in #2 is phenomenal.

And I will have to remember your comment "It is windy, so it is an abstract day."

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2009 04:53AM by RichB.
Re: An abstract kinda day posted by kmac April 06, 2009 08:06AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

love the comment about the wind - kids tell me we are expecting snow tomorrow. Colorful abstract series - hard to pick favorite but really like the sixth.
Re: An abstract kinda day posted by Ol' Don April 06, 2009 09:09AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Yep. I like your abstracts. I am particularly fond of number five. thanks for sharing this good stuff.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: An abstract kinda day posted by BearWoodsDavid April 06, 2009 09:20PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Scott, Rich, kmac and Don for looking and the kind comments. One more day of this cold stuff and I think finally the heat gets turned on in Hotlanta.

David Akoubian

Re: An abstract kinda day posted by Crabcakes April 07, 2009 04:38PM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Love how you've captured the the soft curves And sharp details in #1 and #2--I'd say the wind wasn't TOO much of a problem.

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: An abstract kinda day posted by Captured Light April 07, 2009 07:18PM reply | quote
posted by Captured Light

I'd settle for wind, if there was anything growing to shoot! It seems like spring is coming late.

It's a great set! I love the softness and the focus on the edge in #3.

Rick
Re: An abstract kinda day posted by oliver tudoras April 10, 2009 03:54AM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

fine close up work!!!

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: An abstract kinda day posted by BearWoodsDavid April 10, 2009 09:54AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Crabby, Rick and Ollie,
I hope to get out for a lot of work Sunday while I am relaxing if the storms don't blow it all away.
David

David Akoubian

Re: An abstract kinda day posted by jad April 10, 2009 09:16PM reply | quote
posted by jad

Nice shots David. I love the abstract and the rich color. Hope you are safe after all those storms went through last night.

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: An abstract kinda day posted by BearWoodsDavid April 10, 2009 09:20PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

We are Joye, thanks. We were barely phased except for some nasty lightning about 10pm. I hope you guys are safe up there too.

David Akoubian

Re: An abstract kinda day posted by jad April 10, 2009 09:33PM reply | quote
posted by jad

Yes, other than Starbuck (the border collie) freaking out it was fine. My brother was in Atlanta siting on the tarmac for about an hour before his flight to Utah. They finally got gone and made it fine.
Are you going to the Grandfather Mountain Nature Photography weekend in May?

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: An abstract kinda day posted by Bob Layne April 10, 2009 10:52PM reply | quote
posted by Bob Layne
Those are really great close ups shots. Are you using the composer with close up rings?
Re: An abstract kinda day posted by BearWoodsDavid April 11, 2009 09:12AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Bob,
On these images I am using the Composer with Double Glass and then I made an attachment that is an enlarging lens with a 37 to 40.5mm step up ring attached. I have the enlarging lens wide open at f3.5. With the wind I was actually hand holding the set up.

David Akoubian

Re: An abstract kinda day posted by Mark Wade April 12, 2009 01:23PM reply | quote
posted by Mark Wade

That's what I'm talkin about. All wonderful
#4 Merry-go-round especially!
Re: An abstract kinda day posted by sam April 14, 2009 11:48AM reply | quote
posted by sam

Very, very nice David!

Sam

see with the eyes of a child
Re: An abstract kinda day posted by BearWoodsDavid April 14, 2009 11:51AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

All of you are too kind, thanks.

David Akoubian

Re: An abstract kinda day posted by rannestad April 14, 2009 03:35PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

I think no4 is an unusual bot. Love it. Love the colors.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today