1 day ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

Up close and old wrecks

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Up close and old wrecks posted by SKF March 20, 2009 08:29PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Hi all,

Some macro work with my adapted rifle scope and some old wrecks I came across.

Cheers

steve
Re: Up close and old wrecks posted by oliver tudoras March 20, 2009 08:54PM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

beautiful close up work....love esp. #5

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: Up close and old wrecks posted by RichB March 21, 2009 12:12AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Steve,

I'm with ollie -- I like both #5 and the color version as well.

Rich
Re: Up close and old wrecks posted by Ol' Don March 21, 2009 01:55AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

I am partial to the first two. Just colors and forms. Love it.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: Up close and old wrecks posted by jumpinjimmyjava March 22, 2009 06:51AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

Some cool stuff here Steve . I really like the First Aid captures. Well done - jimmy Hey can you post a shot of your interesting adapted rifle scope

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Up close and old wrecks posted by SKF March 22, 2009 01:12PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Thanks to you all for your comments

Jimmy,

You'll see images of my adaptations here. The wide angle is only .7 but it does have macro capability which is handy. It is a Sony adapter for a video camera. I have attached a UV filter to allow me to screw it on. I would love to have a crack with the new LB super wide but it won't reach Aus for a while yet. We have real supply problems down here. The two macro adaptations have beautifully bright optics. The taller of the two has a closer focal length (about 1.5 inches) than the other (about 2 inches) from subject.

The taller macro fits inside (no thread) the LB and the other buts up to it. I'm thinking of getting a thread cut into it so can screw it on because it is far from user friendly like this.

It is all a bit of fun really but the effects are usable.

Cheers and thanks for your enquiry

steve
Re: Up close and old wrecks posted by jumpinjimmyjava March 26, 2009 08:49AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

Hey Steve, thank-you so much for posting your creative lens adaptations. Cool and so interesting. You sure do achieve wonderful results. Thanks again - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today