Latest Post

2 hours ago by Sophia_Pudding

Re: IT Geek

view post

Ahh, the light of winter.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Ahh, the light of winter. posted by AJ January 25, 2009 02:17PM reply | quote
posted by AJ

Yeah it's cold but the light is so nice. Never straight above. Creating COOL colors in the morning. Sometimes mother nature gives us a giant softbox, getting rid of harsh light.

I've tried to get out a few times this winter and get close to the ground. Here are a few of my results. I deleted some RAW files that contained some of the best ones, accidentally. Teaches me not to get too attached to stuff. :)
Canon 5D, LB 3G, some with a macro lens
Thanks for looking.

Peace and Happiness
AJ

[www.flickr.com]
Re: Ahh, the light of winter. posted by ranfoto January 25, 2009 02:31PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

You've managed to grab a few golden rays reflecting the nature of the moment, plus the cool wind blows hard in the shadows ......poetics captured and released on the pixels of vision . :)
Re: Ahh, the light of winter. posted by oliver tudoras January 25, 2009 04:18PM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

beautifuly done

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: Ahh, the light of winter. posted by igorsv January 25, 2009 08:24PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

warm and cool bending. well seen and captured.

Igor
Re: Ahh, the light of winter. posted by RichB January 25, 2009 08:47PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

AJ,

Beautiful earthy tones -- love the lines in #1.

Rich
Re: Ahh, the light of winter. posted by kmac January 26, 2009 08:11AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Nice set - like the feeling of movement - especially like 1, 4, and 5.
Re: Ahh, the light of winter. posted by LGrace January 28, 2009 12:52AM reply | quote
posted by LGrace

AJ-Wonderful set. A new soulful view from you--intense with spirit. Love the glowing golden hues of 1, 3, 4, 7, and 8.

Lar (aka--birdman)

HOPE you get out here to the left coast soon. Let me know.--And thanks for commenting on my posts--I appreciate the view from the guru. ;)
Re: Ahh, the light of winter. posted by stevenz January 29, 2009 09:56AM reply | quote
posted by stevenz

some exquisite images, nice work!!
steve
Re: Ahh, the light of winter. posted by Captured Light January 29, 2009 10:29AM reply | quote
posted by Captured Light

These are wonderful!! I can't pick favorites. Now I want to go outside and take pictures....as son as it's light....and the 12 inches of snow melts a bit....

Amazing shots!

Rick
Re: Ahh, the light of winter. posted by AJHopp January 29, 2009 10:48AM reply | quote
posted by AJHopp

They are all beautiful, but I adore #8. I would hang it on my wall! :o) Do you remember what aperture ring you used? I have the macro lenses, but haven't gotten the beautiful bokeh like these have...
Re: Ahh, the light of winter. posted by BearWoodsDavid January 29, 2009 12:07PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

AJ, Wonderful series. Beautiful lines and light.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Ahh, the light of winter. posted by sam January 30, 2009 05:26AM reply | quote
posted by sam

AJ, these photos packed an emotional punch for me. Lyrical. Very well bent!

Sam

see with the eyes of a child
Re: Ahh, the light of winter. posted by Kath January 30, 2009 08:29AM reply | quote
posted by Kath

Beauties, AJ!

Kathleen

www.kathleenclemonsphotography.com
[www.ppsop.com]

My blog: [kathleenclemons.blogspot.com]
Re: Ahh, the light of winter. posted by Ken SF February 02, 2009 03:50PM reply | quote
posted by Ken SF

amazing series. every one gorgeous
Re: Ahh, the light of winter. posted by jean-luc February 03, 2009 05:47AM reply | quote
posted by jean-luc

Very nice images! Done wide open?

Jean-Luc

[www.pbase.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today