Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

16 hours ago by PBlais

Re: #BlurOnPurpose Series

view post

lensbaby with B&W infrared film?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

lensbaby with B&W infrared film? posted by annamonika December 09, 2004 10:54AM reply | quote
posted by
I just looked at your lensbabies galleries - the photos are brilliant, and I'd love to try shooting with a lensbaby myself. My question is - would it work with B&W infrared film? I shoot Kodak High Speed Infrared film with a Minolta Maxxum 5xi SLR camera and a #25 red filter. I'd love to hear any thoughts on the subject. Thanks!

Re: lensbaby with B&W infrared film? posted by Craig (Admin) December 09, 2004 12:08PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

I don't know why not. It works with digital SLRs with a high-pass filter and on digital SLRs with the hot mirror removed and a high-pass filter put in its place.

Would love to see some of the work you do with it.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: lensbaby with B&W infrared film? posted by Theresa December 10, 2004 04:48AM reply | quote
posted by
Have been shooting HIE with the lensbaby for a while. It works well. The first two are with red #29 and the 2.8 ring. The third without filter and 5.6 ring.

The tree was shot with the lensbaby squeezed all the way in, producing a bubble-like effect.

More here blue coyote laughing infrared

Post Edited (12-11-04 07:10)
Re: lensbaby with B&W infrared film? posted by Theresa December 10, 2004 05:54AM reply | quote
posted by
I do, however, get some very strange scanner artifacts sometimes (upper right quad).
Re: lensbaby with B&W infrared film? posted by annamonika December 10, 2004 03:39PM reply | quote
posted by
Thanks a lot for your replies! Theresa, your images are great, especially the horse. The lensbaby perspective definitely adds an additional touch of the unexpected to shooting infrared... Craig, thanks for a very quick reply - I'm sure I'll be placing an order for a lensbaby very soon. It's a great creative tool, but on top of that everybody just seems to have a blast using it.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today