Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 days ago by ebby62

Tiny Red Beetle

view post

LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE # 15 ' SILHOUETTE'

Newer Topic | Older Topic

LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE # 15 ' SILHOUETTE' posted by SKF January 19, 2009 06:37PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

The 15th Challenge is all about the silhouette. We can all do them, we've probably all done them. I don't just want any silhouette, I want one with imagination, one that pushes the boundaries, so start planning your shoot and post those shadows.

Photo Submissions:

1. Camera - Any Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the judge will decide if it works.
4. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & Lensbaby used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:

* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 9pm EST (eastern) Monday January 26, 2009
*Winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.

Cheers and

Good Luck!

steve
Bokeh Machine - Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE # 15 ' SILHOUETTE' posted by Captured Light January 20, 2009 10:41AM reply | quote
posted by Captured Light

A silhouette should be recognizable....I had to find something we'd all recognize!

Sony a350
Lensbaby Original
ISO 200
1/3200
wide open
off camera flash to light background

Thanks for challenging us!

Rick

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2009 04:34AM by Captured Light.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE # 15 ' SILHOUETTE' posted by jbrunjes January 22, 2009 10:08PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

"Muddy Horse"
1d Mk 3
LB 3G
f2.8
ISO 400
1/2500

This horse was covered in mud and decided to shake it on me just after I shot this picture. Luckily I was able to shield my camera and lb.
Joby
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE # 15 ' SILHOUETTE' posted by ScottM January 24, 2009 05:19AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

bottles, backlit shot through paper. Composer plastic optic
Scott

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2009 05:22AM by ScottM.
Dancers posted by INITECH_prez January 24, 2009 08:09AM reply | quote
posted by INITECH_prez

Composer
Single optic
f4
In high school a boy welded this figurine in shop class for me. I have always cherished it.

-rach

Rachel C.
Fairbanks, Alaska
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE # 15 ' SILHOUETTE' posted by peterb533 January 25, 2009 05:57AM reply | quote
posted by peterb533

Mother and child.

Canon 5D Mk2
ISO 1600 2.5 sec
Composer Pinhole
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE # 15 ' SILHOUETTE' posted by SKF January 25, 2009 11:42AM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Only a day or so to go so get those entries in.

Great postings so far.

Cheers

steve
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE # 15 ' SILHOUETTE' posted by jad January 26, 2009 09:38AM reply | quote
posted by jad

Down to the wire. Here's my entry.

"Sailing into the Sunset"
Lensbaby 3G
Nikon D200

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE # 15 ' SILHOUETTE' posted by SKF January 26, 2009 10:29AM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Competition Closed. Thank you for your entries. You guys have made it tough with all round excellent entries. Will post a winner soon.

Cheers

steve
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE # 15 ' SILHOUETTE' posted by SKF January 26, 2009 01:18PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Congratulations to all for your worthy entries.

I must declare Peterb533 and 'Mother and child' the WINNER. It was the orange back lighting with fall off that did it for me. At a glance it all seems so real, warm and loving.

WELL DONE

Other favorites were - all the rest. Jad I really like your sweet spot and the way the sun is peeping. Rachel - great lighting. Scott, I love the trouble you have gone to shooting thru the paper, it give a great textural feel to the image. Joby, so sharp around the ears and a brown silhouette, very good. Rick, What is that object - I love the riotous colour in the background - very effective.

Thanks to all that participated, not the best number but great entries and a challenge to judge.

Peter, up to you to choose the next topic and winner. Good Luck to all.

Cheers,

steve
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE # 15 ' SILHOUETTE' posted by jad January 26, 2009 09:48PM reply | quote
posted by jad

Congrats Peter. Your image is beautiful. And I have to point out that there are no losers since we all get to shoot we our "Babies"! Looking forward to the next one.

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE # 15 ' SILHOUETTE' posted by peterb533 January 26, 2009 09:55PM reply | quote
posted by peterb533

Thanks for your comments Steve and Jad.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE # 15 ' SILHOUETTE' posted by jbrunjes January 27, 2009 12:14AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Great shot peter!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today