Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

12 hours ago by MLedingham

Fisheye question

view post

LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER"

Newer Topic | Older Topic

LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by DarkSlide January 04, 2009 06:01AM reply | quote
posted by DarkSlide

The 13th competition is POWER. Power can mean many things. My example is maybe a little too literal and simple. Get your photographic eye “out of the box” and show me some power.

Photo Submissions:

1. Camera - Any Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the judge will decide if it works.
4. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & Lensbaby used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:

* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 9pm EST (eastern) Sunday January 11, 2009
*Winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.

Good Luck!
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by RichB January 04, 2009 11:59PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Biblical Power ...

Rich

(Lensbaby 3G, ISO 200, 1/3200 sec)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 12:01AM by RichB.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by Halima67 January 05, 2009 02:13AM reply | quote
posted by Halima67

Spiderman
LBO,iso 400
TRIX film (yes film!)
Nikon FM2
speed don't remember
f/5.6

[elenisworld.blogspot.com]
[www.flickr.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 05:38AM by Halima67.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by jumpinjimmyjava January 05, 2009 09:34AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

OBAMA now that's power!
Lensbaby 2.0

The price of greatness is responsibility.
Sir Winston Churchill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 09:48AM by jumpinjimmyjava.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by Darrell Marquette January 05, 2009 01:34PM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

Power Hitter
3G, f4, ISO 200.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by WilliamE January 05, 2009 02:36PM reply | quote
posted by WilliamE

Late 19th Century Power
Canon 5D, 3G, ISO200, f4, 1/4000th sec.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by jbrunjes January 08, 2009 09:23AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

"The Power of Faith"

1D Mk3
Composer
f/2.8
ISO 50
1/8000 (Yes it was bright!)
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by 153623 January 09, 2009 05:14AM reply | quote
posted by 153623
Caffeine

Canon 350D
Lensbaby 2.0
Iso 400
1/40
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by SKF January 09, 2009 06:49PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Power for the people

LB 3 G
Nikon D300
F2.8
1/8000
ISO 400

steve
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by ChrisG January 10, 2009 04:29AM reply | quote
posted by ChrisG

Power in the legs and mind

Canon 1D
Composer f/5.6 with Single Glass Optics
Iso 50
1/800

Chris

[www.digirelax.nl]

"The Mind is like a Parachute, it works best when it is open" - Rickson Gracie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 04:30AM by ChrisG.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by shurla5 January 10, 2009 10:17PM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Knowledge is Power....
Canon 40D,Composer, f4, ISO 500, 1/250, vintage action added from photoshop.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by ScottM January 11, 2009 05:45AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

money is power.Ask the Ceo's of some companies and the crooks on wall street. Composer +4 closeup lens, normal optic.
Scott
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by whitemiata January 11, 2009 09:15AM reply | quote
posted by whitemiata
Alternative Power Source

Canon 40D
Lensbaby 3G
1/20th @F2
ISO 3200
no pp
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by babuci January 11, 2009 02:08PM reply | quote
posted by babuci
Natural power.

canon 400d
Lensbaby 3G
1/1250
ISO 100
F4

Tunde
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by DarkSlide January 12, 2009 12:30AM reply | quote
posted by DarkSlide

Power Challenge

Again, I think that the challenge is more for the person that has to pick the winner! All very good, and very thoughtful images.

The top images are:
Halima66 - Spiderman.
This image works for me in a few ways. First off, it just makes me laugh. Secondly, I love the tonality of the shot. The point of view of the lens and the diagonal background / floor breaks up the vertical subject.
Darrell Marquette - Power Hitter.
I haven't been involved with the Lensbaby for a very long time, but in the time that I have, I haven't seen many sports type shots. Also, it seems that many of the images are medium to close distance in nature. I think the Lensbaby often works well in this way. So, this image really stood out. I like the placement of (the bend) the focus, and that you've captured the ball - very nice. And, like I said, to get this shot in a "telephoto" style is very nice indeed.
SKF - Power For The People.
I really like this one. I love the placement of the focus sweet spot and the way the angles of the structure give the image movement.
jbrunjes - The Power of Faith. - WINNER
A simple (meant in the very best of ways) silhouette shot of an object that we all might see everyday. While looking over all the great entries, my eye kept coming back to this one. The simple form and darkness of the structure, and the moody sky, all made it hard for my eye to stay away.
Again, all very good images, and very hard to narrow down to a winner. Best of luck to everyone in the next challenge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2009 12:31AM by DarkSlide.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by jbrunjes January 12, 2009 12:46AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Woo Hoo! Thanks DarkSlide... Congrats to other entries... I appreciate everyone continuing this challenge idea. I have found inspiration in these themed contests. I will post the next comp. theme soon. I apologize for a lack of commentary on the last challenge.. I have more time this time and will give better feedback about the entries.
Joby
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by whitemiata January 12, 2009 01:40AM reply | quote
posted by whitemiata
Congrats to jbrunjes for winning the challenge! Yours was definitelly my favorite as well.

Two comments on other images:

Babuci - I like your shot! I think it's neat how the LB blur gives the windmill the illusion of movement in a 1/1250 shot. Melikes!

ScottM - There's no saving you ... either you have 8 crispy ones in your possession, in which case you're the object of my envy ... or they're fakes, in which case expect men in dark suits knocking at your door in ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 :-)
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by DarkSlide January 12, 2009 01:56AM reply | quote
posted by DarkSlide

Yea Scott, what's with all the cash? New Control Freaks for everyone?

Speaking of, do we know when the Control Freak will be out?
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by ChrisG January 12, 2009 02:08AM reply | quote
posted by ChrisG

Congrats to jbrunjes, a very good photo.

And me :)
I both the Lensbaby Composer last week and I am already addicted to it. It will be a standard lens of my second camera. When I look to all the nice pictures I have to learn a lot.

Chris

[www.digirelax.nl]

"The Mind is like a Parachute, it works best when it is open" - Rickson Gracie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2009 02:09AM by ChrisG.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by jumpinjimmyjava January 12, 2009 09:19AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

Hey congrats joseph on a great win. Love this simple yet moody photo. Helene, Spiderman, so cool. Scott your money shot is right up there. This was,for me a fun contest. Hope we get even more enteries on the next challenge - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2009 09:20AM by jumpinjimmyjava.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by jbrunjes January 12, 2009 12:43PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

New Theme is up. Get shooting!
#14 "THROUGH THE WINDOW"
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #13 "POWER" posted by babuci January 13, 2009 11:08AM reply | quote
posted by babuci
Thank you for a words Whitemiata. I am not good with LB3 but keep try.

Congrat to the wining picture, it is just simple elegent.

Tunde

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today