Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

10 hours ago by Photos4life

Composer Pro Double Glass

view post

.....how to mess yourself up in one fell swoop with an xmas wish....

Newer Topic | Older Topic

.....how to mess yourself up in one fell swoop with an xmas wish.... posted by donkeytiara December 26, 2008 09:54AM reply | quote
posted by donkeytiara

I am a beginner lb user....and for some gawd-unknown reason I asked santa for a flash for my Nikon d-80..... I received a sb-600, as santa knew I was probably NOT going to know what to do with it (since I never seem to shoot indoors)....and so here it sits in the box......I have tons of questions, the most pressing probably being how the heck will the flash work if the camera is set on manual (which mine appears to have to be set on to use my lb)? What do other lb users use their flashes for? Any good starting assignments for rank and hilarious beginners? thanks for all your time!!

"don't be an adolph quitler!!" ~ the tick
Re: .....how to mess yourself up in one fell swoop with an xmas wish.... posted by BearWoodsDavid December 26, 2008 12:33PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Cindy,
All TTL flashes will work on cameras set to any mode as long as they fall in the technical specs of it's capabilities. I shoot a lot in Manual on the camera and Auto on the flash. I can not speak for any settings that you have to have on the camera. I would take that puppy out of the box and insert batteries, then lock it onto the shoe mount. Set your manual shutter speed for 1/125th of a second, put an aperture ring in the front of the lens and click away. See what happens. I have a great hilarious assignment for you...if it moves shoot it, if it doesn't shoot it twice. Happy Bending New Year.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today