Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 day ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

How long to familiarise?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

How long to familiarise? posted by Ben Lovejoy December 03, 2004 07:26AM reply | quote
posted by
Hi,

I've just ordered my lensbaby. Roughly how long does it typically take to get the hang of focusing and controlling the sweet-spot reliably?

I'm also slightly concerned that the limited size viewfinder on my D70 may make it more difficult to tell when the image is in focus - any D70 users here?

Ben

Re: How long to familiarise? posted by Craig (Admin) December 03, 2004 10:08AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Ben,

I use a D70 and find that focusing is very doable, I can rely on what I see as long as the diopter adjustment is set properly.

Regarding the learning curve I'd give yourself a couple of afternoons of shooting before you can expect to feel confident leading your Lensbaby to the focus you are after. In this time frame you should be able to interpret accurately what you are seeing in the viewfinder. At first it is likely to be difficult to make heads or tails of what you see in the viewfinder. Focusing well comes with practice as your hand-eye coordination in relation to your Lensbaby improves.

Give it a shot. If within 30 days you can't seem to have the fun that so many say they enjoy with their Lensbaby, send it back for a full refund.

Have a super day.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: How long to familiarise? posted by Ben Lovejoy December 03, 2004 08:12PM reply | quote
posted by
Ah, encouraging to hear you use a D70 yourself. And yes, the 30-day return policy is great: made the decision to buy it a no-brainer.

Just hoping it gets here (England) in the next couple of weeks - I'm away for a fortnight at xmas, and hoping to play with it then. It definitely looks like a lot of fun.

Ben

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today