Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

13 hours ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #9 " TWISTED" - Picked by jumpinjimmyjava winner of the last challenge

Newer Topic | Older Topic

NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #9 " TWISTED" - Picked by jumpinjimmyjava winner of the last challenge posted by jumpinjimmyjava December 03, 2008 10:26PM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

As a theme for our weekly challenges No.9 jumpinjimmyjava our last weeks "LIGHT" challenge winner has chosen "TWISTED". This could be the twists in a Christmas candy cane, an old tree, a tornado or a puppies twisted tail ! Anything you consider TWISTED.

jumpinjimmyjava gets to judge the No.9 challenge. Here are the rules. Please hold comments until after the winner is announced.

The eight challenge, #9, is "TWISTED" Use your imagination and creativity to capture your photo and just have fun!!!

Photo Submissions:

1. Camera - Any Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the judge will decide if it works.
4. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & Lensbaby used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!
8. Don't be afraid to dig out that cow bell.

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:

* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 9pm EST (eastern) WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 10 th., 2008. Winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 10:30PM by jumpinjimmyjava.
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #9 " TWISTED" - Picked by jumpinjimmyjava winner of the last challenge posted by ScottM December 06, 2008 09:09AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

lets get this started. Composer f8. Hope I'm not too twisted. Doesn't have any meaning to me just thought it would look interesting.
Scott

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2008 09:24AM by ScottM.
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #9 " TWISTED" - Picked by jumpinjimmyjava winner of the last challenge posted by Darrell Marquette December 06, 2008 01:12PM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

Nikon D70, Composer, f2, ISO 200.
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #9 " TWISTED" - Picked by jumpinjimmyjava winner of the last challenge posted by Va girl December 07, 2008 01:19AM reply | quote
posted by Va girl

Canon 5D 3D F4 ISO100
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #9 " TWISTED" - Picked by jumpinjimmyjava winner of the last challenge posted by DarkSlide December 08, 2008 08:12AM reply | quote
posted by DarkSlide

Special thanks to ScottM for the use of his Lensbaby G3.

Lensbaby G3
Canon 40D
ISO200
1/200sec
PS CS3
Nik DFine 2.0
Nik Viveza
One "Grunge" layer

Photographed 12/7/08 at the Huntington Gardens.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2008 08:13AM by DarkSlide.
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #9 " TWISTED" - Picked by jumpinjimmyjava winner of the last challenge posted by ScottM December 09, 2008 05:39AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Need some more posts people. Twisted is a great theme that Jumpinjimmyjava picked.
Scott
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #9 " TWISTED" - Picked by jumpinjimmyjava winner of the last challenge posted by jumpinjimmyjava December 10, 2008 11:14AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

I would like to thank everyone that entered the "TWISTED" theme contest. One thing this has taught me is judging is NOT easy and it usually boils down to personal preferences!

So the winner of Challenge #9 is ScottM
No title, I just enjoyed this mysterious !interpretation
Well done Scott

Second place winner is Darrell
"A Twisted Christmas" !
I enjoyed the vivid colours and feel. Well done.

Third place winner goes to DarkSlide
No title, I liked the balance and spiny twists of this photo. Well done.

ALL the photos were WINNERS actually.

Scott I hope you have an interesting theme chosen for challenge #10

Take care all and happy shooting - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today