Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 hours ago by jffoto

Re: 70

view post

NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #8 "LIGHTS" - Picked by WilliamE winner of the last challenge

Newer Topic | Older Topic

NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #8 "LIGHTS" - Picked by WilliamE winner of the last challenge posted by WilliamE November 26, 2008 11:31AM reply | quote
posted by WilliamE

As a theme for our weekly challenges No.8 WilliamE our last weeks "Decay" challenge winner has chosen "Lights". This can be city lights, practical lights, any creative source lighting, reflected highlights, or the effective use of more than one light source. Anything you consider to convey "Lights" will do.

WilliamE gets to judge the No.8 challenge. Here are the rules. Please hold comments until after the winner is announced.

The eight challenge, #8, is "Lights" Use your imagination and creativity to capture your photo and just have fun!!!

Photo Submissions:

1. Camera - Any Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the judge will decide if it works.
4. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & Lensbaby used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!
8. Don't be afraid to dig out that cow bell.

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:

* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 9pm EST (eastern) WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 3rd., 2008. Winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! - Bill
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #8 "LIGHTS" - Picked by WilliamE winner of the last challenge posted by BARONDLA November 27, 2008 12:58AM reply | quote
posted by BARONDLA

Leaving work. Handheld K20D iso 3200, composer F2 1/250sec handheld.
thanks
barondla
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #8 "LIGHTS" - Picked by WilliamE winner of the last challenge posted by Darrell Marquette November 27, 2008 01:22AM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

Blue Moon. Nikon D40, LB2 @ f2, ISO 200. Cyan in camera.
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #8 "LIGHTS" - Picked by WilliamE winner of the last challenge posted by jumpinjimmyjava November 27, 2008 11:13AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

Title - Cryptic Light
Lensbaby 2.0 no aperture installed

While on a stroll through a small local cemetery on a dark and dreary afternoon, I happened upon a old mausoleum with large copper doors turned green with age. Inside beyond the locked copper doors was a very erie glow of light! How strange I thought as there was no visible sign of wires supplying power to run a light! There wasn't a living sole to be seen in this graveyard but I finally summoned up the courage to look through the dirty glass of the old green doors and to my surprise I could see a faint erie glowing figure of what I took to be Christ. I quickly made a few pics and got the hell out of there! ( please pardon my French) - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #8 "LIGHTS" - Picked by WilliamE winner of the last challenge posted by shurla5 November 28, 2008 07:58PM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Newport Aquarium
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #8 "LIGHTS" - Picked by WilliamE winner of the last challenge posted by jbrunjes December 01, 2008 08:52PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

"Antler Chandelier"

LB 3G
F/2
ISO 400
1/250
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #8 "LIGHTS" -"magic bus" posted by Ash December 02, 2008 11:16AM reply | quote
posted by Ash

"Magic Bus"

Canon 20D, LB mark 2.0, F 1.8, 6.0 exposure.

(Going to kick Oddys door & make sure he posts as well ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 11:17AM by Ash.
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #8 "LIGHTS" - Picked by WilliamE winner of the last challenge posted by Keithnc December 02, 2008 11:44AM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Large Xmas tree and reindeer.

LB 3G
f4.0 star aperture

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 09:37PM by Keithnc.
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #8 "LIGHTS"" Warp factor 5 Mr.Sulu" posted by Odd Thomas December 02, 2008 12:09PM reply | quote
posted by Odd Thomas

LB Composer, dual glass optic, f2.8 , 2.5 second exposure, err, iso 100 I think.
Canon 20D, (Thanks Ash :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 12:10PM by Odd Thomas.
Re: NEW - LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #8 "LIGHTS" - Picked by WilliamE winner of the last challenge posted by WilliamE December 03, 2008 11:47AM reply | quote
posted by WilliamE

Again thanks to all who submitted entries. There were some interesting and creative images here this week. I would like to congratulate the following:

1st place goes to jumpinjimmyjava and "Cryptic Light" Just an eerie image and story. Many aspects of this image I found compelling. The green petina like look to the gated bars as well as the glowing transparent glass image of christ set a truly macabre atmosphere. Well done.

2nd place goes to jbrunjes for taking a different tack on the challenge and providing an interesting b/w image.

3rd place goes to shurla5. This image is incredibly colourful and has some great bokah effects. I think this could have gone to second place if there was just a bit more defined sweet spot with the central jellyfish light.

Again thanks for the great posts and keep those challenge submissions coming.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today