Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 day ago by TG-J

Re: Fisheye Star Trails

view post

LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #7 "DECAY" picked by jumpinjimmyjava, winner of the last challenge

Newer Topic | Older Topic

LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #7 "DECAY" picked by jumpinjimmyjava, winner of the last challenge posted by jumpinjimmyjava November 19, 2008 04:37AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

As a theme for our weekly challenges NO.7 jumpinjimmyjava our last weeks "SKY" challenge winner has chosen Decay. This can be urban decay, rural decay, moral decay or the decay one finds in the dentist chair! Anything you consider to be decay will work.

Jumpinjimmyjava gets to judge the No.7 challenge. Here are the rules. Please hold comments until after the winner is announced.

The seven challenge, #7, is "Decay" Use your imagination and creativity to capture your photo and just have fun!!!

Photo Submissions:

1. Camera - Any Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the judge will decide if it works.
4. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & Lensbaby used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:

* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 9pm EST (eastern) WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 26th., 2008. Winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2008 06:05AM by jumpinjimmyjava.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #7 "DECAY" picked by jumpinjimmyjava, winner of the last challenge posted by jbrunjes November 20, 2008 05:33AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Jimmy, Can you correct the posting ends date?
Joby
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #7 "DECAY" picked by jumpinjimmyjava, winner of the last challenge posted by jumpinjimmyjava November 20, 2008 06:24AM reply | quote

The closing date for the LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #7 "DECAY" has now been corrected. Ends - 9pm EST (eastern) WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 26th. Sorry and good luck - jimmy
(Joby I could not reach you through a PM, I keep getting Database Error warnings!)

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
dry hosta posted by Va girl November 20, 2008 12:43PM reply | quote
posted by Va girl

dry weather hosta
Canon 5D
3G F2
1/50 second
ISO 100

Pam
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #7 "DECAY" picked by jumpinjimmyjava, winner of the last challenge posted by jbrunjes November 20, 2008 09:51PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

The Grand Canyon
"Desert View"
Canon 1d mk 3
3g F4
ISO 100
3 shot HDR
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #7 "DECAY" picked by jumpinjimmyjava, winner of the last challenge posted by David Morel November 20, 2008 10:26PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Decaying Commerce

Taken with my d300, lb3g and f2.8 i think.

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2008 12:11AM by David Morel.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #7 "DECAY" picked by jumpinjimmyjava, winner of the last challenge posted by jumpinjimmyjava November 21, 2008 08:51PM reply | quote

Hey, don't forget to enter the LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #7 "DECAY" You could be our next winner ! - jumpinjimmyjava

Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #7 "DECAY" picked by jumpinjimmyjava, winner of the last challenge posted by ScottM November 25, 2008 10:16AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

decaying tree in Joshua tree national park. Composer on a canon 40d f5.6 iso 100
Scott
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #7 "DECAY" picked by jumpinjimmyjava, winner of the last challenge posted by WilliamE November 25, 2008 11:16AM reply | quote
posted by WilliamE

Abandoned car Bodie, CA. LB 3G, Canon 5D f5.6 ISO 200.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #7 "DECAY" picked by jumpinjimmyjava, winner of the last challenge posted by Darrell Marquette November 25, 2008 11:38AM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

Retired locomotive at the Arizona Railway Museum. Nikon D70, 3G, f4, ISO 200.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #7 "DECAY" picked by jumpinjimmyjava, winner of the last challenge posted by jumpinjimmyjava November 26, 2008 10:23AM reply | quote

Thanks everyone for submitting to the DECAY challenge #7. I never realized how very hard it would be to judge a photo contest! In my eyes every photo submitted is a winner but I had to pick three so the WINNER of challenge #7 is WilliamE (Abandoned car Bodie), Nice manipulation of the image. I like the grain and colour tone. Congrats Bill.

Second goes to Va girl ( dry weather hosta ) So delicate.

Third place goes to David Morel ( Decaying Commerce) Interesting subject with a perfect title.

Best of luck to all on the next Lensbaby Speed Challenge - jimmy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2008 10:32AM by jumpinjimmyjava.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today