Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

13 hours ago by beyond_Life

Dragons Blood

view post

LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #5 "WATER"

Newer Topic | Older Topic

LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #5 "WATER" posted by ScottM November 04, 2008 11:04AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

And again, we are all looking for inspiration and competitions seem to get the creative juices flowing. We are continuing with the weekly challenges.

The winner gets to judge the following week. Here are the rules. Hope this catches on. I will be the judge and the winner will set the next week's theme and then be the judge for that theme. Please hold comments until after the winner is announced.

The fifth challenge, #5, is "WATER." Use your imagination and creativity to capture the photo you feel best represents this week’s theme. Have fun!!!

Photo Submissions:

1. Camera - Any Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the judge will decide if it works.
4. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & Lensbaby used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:

* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 9pm EST (eastern) TUESDAY NOVEMBER 11, 2008. Winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #5 "WATER" posted by BearWoodsDavid November 05, 2008 01:27AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Nikon D200, Composer, f11, circular polarizer, 8 second exposure. Anna Ruby Falls, Georgia

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #5 "WATER" posted by WilliamE November 05, 2008 10:58AM reply | quote
posted by WilliamE

Sausalito,CA waterfront at night.
Canon 5D, 3G, f4.0, 2.5 sec, ISO 200.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #5 "WATER" posted by jbrunjes November 05, 2008 11:50AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

"Night Over the Beach"
Canon 1d mk iii
3G
f/?
30 sec
ISO 400
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #5 "WATER" posted by rannestad November 05, 2008 03:05PM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

This is so great! Love it.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #5 "WATER" posted by David Morel November 07, 2008 06:09AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Shot with a Nikon D300, not positive about the aperature, probably 5.6 or 8, shutter 1/1300 and iso 400. For post processing, did what I call Soft Light Contrast. I dupe the image as a layer, set blend to "Soft Light" and adjust the opacity to 50% give or take 25%. :-)

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #5 "WATER" posted by BARONDLA November 09, 2008 03:47AM reply | quote
posted by BARONDLA

Pentax K20D, LBO f2.4.
thanks
barondla
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #5 "WATER" posted by mitchabell November 10, 2008 10:20PM reply | quote
posted by mitchabell

Canon 20D, with LB3G wide open from moving train. The image was shot through the dirty glass leaving some texture to the viewer. Croped in Photoshop.
Fall 'n water posted by Va girl November 11, 2008 12:31AM reply | quote
posted by Va girl

Taken this am... 3G ISO 100 F5.6 cropped
Water From Tap posted by tokengirl November 11, 2008 05:16AM reply | quote
posted by tokengirl

Canon 40D with Lensbaby 3G/macro and wide angle attachments, ISO 100, f8 @ 1/100 sec, flash.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #5 "WATER" posted by kudzu November 11, 2008 05:23AM reply | quote
posted by kudzu

"By The Bay", Sarasota, Fla. LBO, f/11, 1/2000, ISO 200, Nikon D-70. Convereted to B/W in Photoshop.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #5 "WATER" posted by ScottM November 11, 2008 10:19AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Thanks everyone for participating in this challenge. Here are the results.
First goes to BearwoodsDavid, beautiful waterfall, nicely composed.
Second goes to WilliamE, I like the reflections in the water.
Third goes to Tokengirl , I like the fact that you thought outside the box which is what I was really hoping everybody would do. The shadow in the background is a little distracting for me though.

Again thanks everyone and lets keep this going.
Scott
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #5 "WATER" posted by jbrunjes November 11, 2008 10:31AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Congrats David, Awesome shot.
Joby

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today