Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

12 hours ago by TG-J

Re: side light to flare

view post

Say Hello to My Little Friend ! !

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Say Hello to My Little Friend ! ! posted by craig16229 October 24, 2008 03:10AM reply | quote
posted by craig16229

He/she was trying to eat lunch, did not appreciate me at all, and kept jumping around to the opposite side of the petal.

LB3G @ F/8 pushed all the way out, +10 and +4 stacked.

Craig

[www.craigwasselphotoart.com]

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking . . . ."

~ Brooks Atkinson ~
Re: Say Hello to My Little Friend ! ! posted by Keln October 24, 2008 04:09AM reply | quote
posted by Keln
Absolutely incredible. I've tried some work with small animals, but my results were not nearly as impressive (color composition probably played a role). I love the clarity of your little friend. How did you avoid the chromatic aberrations that I keep bumping into with the macro?
Re: Say Hello to My Little Friend ! ! posted by CMH October 24, 2008 10:50PM reply | quote
posted by CMH

even though it creeps me out - gotta' say, that's pretty cool. wow - talk about taking macro to the extreme! fabulous.
cindi

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: Say Hello to My Little Friend ! ! posted by RichB October 25, 2008 01:58AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Craig,

You are a brave soul with the 3G and macro lens to take this shot. Great catch.

Rich
Re: Say Hello to My Little Friend ! ! posted by craig16229 October 25, 2008 06:23AM reply | quote
posted by craig16229

Thanks, Rich - although I can't claim too much braveness. This little friend was only a little smaller than a pencil eraser.

Cindi - sorry to creep you out, but I guess I achieved at least something in your reaction :-)

Kein - as far as chromatic aberrations, I haven't run into that too much. Maybe the auto removal of CA in Capture NX is helping more than I know. I will have to see if that is the case. My workflow (very abridged) is Nikon D300 in RAW mode, brought into Capture NX 1.4, exported into .jpeg or .tiff, then brought into PhotoShop CS2 for anything I can't do in Capture.

Thanks again for looking, everyone.

Craig

[www.craigwasselphotoart.com]

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking . . . ."

~ Brooks Atkinson ~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2008 06:24AM by craig16229.
Re: Say Hello to My Little Friend ! ! posted by Unni October 26, 2008 06:48PM reply | quote
posted by Unni

ooo, creepy, creepy, creepy, but very, very good!

Unni
Re: Say Hello to My Little Friend ! ! posted by Keithnc October 26, 2008 10:32PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Great macro with eyes.
Re: Say Hello to My Little Friend ! ! posted by Darrell Marquette October 28, 2008 12:37PM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

Freaky and just in time for Halloween.
Re: Say Hello to My Little Friend ! ! posted by ndroo October 28, 2008 02:23PM reply | quote
posted by ndroo

WOW! THat's amazing!

fUzzYeYebAlls
Re: Say Hello to My Little Friend ! ! posted by BearWoodsDavid October 28, 2008 03:21PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Nicely done, he probably was moving because he thought you might be looking for lunch too! Great job.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today