Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 hour ago by jffoto

On the other side

view post

LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY"

Newer Topic | Older Topic

LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by Duh_Vinci October 21, 2008 10:20AM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

And again, we are all looking for inspiration and competitions seem to get the creative juices flowing. We are continuing with the weekly challenges.

The winner gets to judge the following week. Here are the rules. Hope this catches on. I will be the judge and the winner will set the next week's theme and then be the judge for that theme. Please hold comments until after the winner is announced.

The second challenge, #3, is "SIMPLICITY." Use your imagination and creativity to capture the photo you feel best represents this week’s theme. Have fun!!!

Photo Submissions:

1. Camera - Any Camera
2. Time - any on-topic photo taken at any time is eligible, although photos that have won other competitions should NOT be entered.
3. Post-Processing - do whatever you like and the judge will decide if it works.
4. Posting - * ONE PHOTO per photographer in each challenge.* Photo Name in the message subject line.* Camera model & Lensbaby used.* Notes -- post brief EXIF data including ISO, shutter speed and aperture used.
6. Commenting - No commenting during challenge. When the posting is closed and a winner has been declared, comments can be made in this thread.
7. Have FUN!

One challenge every week, on the following schedule:

* New Topic - After winner is declared.
* Posting Starts - Right after topic is announced.
* Posting Ends - 9pm EST (eastern) Monday October 27, 2008. Winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
* Winner from this competition decides the theme of the next one (and judges it for a winner) after this competition is closed.

Regards,
D
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 21, 2008 09:28PM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

The Catcher !

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by David Morel October 21, 2008 11:47PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Carmel Mission Calla Lilly

3g with f8 ring I think...

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by jamesdavidphotography October 22, 2008 01:33AM reply | quote
Row of mailboxes at sunset.

www.flickr.com/photos/studio1-one
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by peterb533 October 22, 2008 04:16AM reply | quote
posted by peterb533

Making baskets the traditional way.

LBO at f2 ISO400 Canon 40D
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by lefteye October 22, 2008 09:39AM reply | quote
posted by lefteye

Keep it simple.."just breathe"
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by essablue October 22, 2008 10:35AM reply | quote
posted by essablue

"dwarf bellflower" (campanula)

30D+3G+10macro+4macro(stacked)
f2,ISO400
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by jbrunjes October 22, 2008 11:12PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

"Lonely Tree"
Canon 1d mk 3
LB 3G
ISO 100
1/400
probably f/4
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by Owen Wong October 24, 2008 09:05AM reply | quote
posted by Owen Wong

"my tune"

Nikon D70
Lensbaby 2.0
1/400s
Fill in Flash
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by Va girl October 24, 2008 12:54PM reply | quote
posted by Va girl

Her nose
Canon 5D
LB 3G
F2
ISO 100
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by leanncannon October 26, 2008 04:49AM reply | quote
posted by leanncannon

"Tiny Dancer"
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by kmac October 26, 2008 08:31AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

"Dogs"

Nikon D80
LBO open
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by craig16229 October 27, 2008 04:44AM reply | quote
posted by craig16229

Lean Leaf

Nikon D200
ISO 100
1/160th
LB3G @F5.6
+4 macro

[www.craigwasselphotoart.com]

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking . . . ."

~ Brooks Atkinson ~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2008 04:45AM by craig16229.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by shurla5 October 27, 2008 07:23AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Love
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by Duh_Vinci October 27, 2008 12:40PM reply | quote
posted by Duh_Vinci

Thank you all for participating and sharing your photos! Very nice variety of subjects and takes on the theme! Never really had to judge anything in my life, and while the tastes could very well very from one another… So here it goes:

1st place: lefteye with “Just Breathe” There is something so dreamy and surreal about this photo, just makes me want to be that person!

2nd Place: jumpinjimmyjava with “The Catcher” Magically intriguing subject and can be interpreted in many ways!

3rd lace: jbrunjes with "Lonely Tree" Very nostalgic feel with the perfect treatment for the subject.

Nicely done veryone!

lefteye – congrats, time for you to kick off next weekly challenge!

Regards,
D
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by jbrunjes October 27, 2008 09:24PM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Thanks for 3rd place! The quality of shots entered this time was amazing!
Congrats lefteye and jimmy. Great theme Duhvinci!
Joby

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2008 09:26PM by jbrunjes.
Re: LENSBABY SPEED CHALLENGE #3 "SIMPLICITY" posted by lefteye October 28, 2008 11:16AM reply | quote
posted by lefteye

Thank you D-
I'm quite honoured. The images submitted were great, so I feel doubly blessed. By the way I'll be updating my profile. And I assume we start the next challenge in a new thread? You'll have to be a bit patient with my late/early replies as I'm in New Zealand.
mj

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today