Lensbaby Studio Forums

Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by RichB October 17, 2008 05:28AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Just got the Composer and Optics Kit in the mail an hour ago. Had to try out all of the optics for comparison purposes before leaving tomorrow for Bosnia and Herzegovina for a week. Hope to get some nice images there. Sure glad the new stuff arrived today! Thought maybe you'd enjoy seeing the differences. All images are of a burning bush.

#1 -- Double Glass Optic (f4)
#2 -- Single Glass Optic (wide open)
#3 -- Plastic Optic (wide open)
#4 -- Zone Plate (0.8 sec exposure ISO 400)
#5 -- Pinhole (13 sec exposure ISO 400)
#6 -- Plastic Optic with Additional Contrast in PS

Thanks to the entire Lensbaby team for the work on developing these fine lenses!

Rich

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2008 11:53AM by RichB.
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by ScottM October 17, 2008 06:03AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

thanks for showing this Rich. Man I cant wait any longer for mine to arrive. Arrrrgh.
Have a wonderful trip and I'm sure you will have some great images to share when you get back.
Scott
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by lenoryan October 17, 2008 06:54AM reply | quote
posted by lenoryan

Thanks, Rich.......this is very helpful. Am a little envious of your trip....have a wonderful time.....with your new lenses.
Lenoe
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by BearWoodsDavid October 17, 2008 07:36AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Thanks Rich for the demo. I am dying to shoot mine. It was dark when I got it, it is raining today, but for the next two days I am hiking in the mountains. I can't wait.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by Mike Bokeh October 17, 2008 07:49AM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

The single and the plastic optics remind me of my Sima soft focus lens.

The zone plate has a painting-like quality to it.

Thanks for the test.

Have a safe trip.

Mike

Lensbabies make you think.
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by Darrell Marquette October 17, 2008 09:52AM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

Rich, good comparison shots. I like the look of the plastic lens. Enjoy your trip and bring back some interesting images.
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by RichB October 17, 2008 11:47AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thanks for the well wishes on my trip Scott, Lenore, David, Mike, and Darrell.

David -- I envy your being in the mountains for the weekend. Will be looking for your images when you return.

Darrell -- I agree that the plastic lens image here is my favorite. Added a new version (#6) with a bit more contrast with PS.
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by CMH October 17, 2008 12:06PM reply | quote
posted by CMH

o rich ~ thanks for sharing. i can't wait to get mine! i adore #2... but they're all wonderful.
wow bosnia and beyond. be safe, my friend, and bring back amazing images!!
cindi

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by RichB October 18, 2008 07:33AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thanks Cindy for your kind remarks about the images as well as your wishes for my trip to Bosnia.

Rich
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by Fugazi October 19, 2008 07:27PM reply | quote
posted by Fugazi

Thanks
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by igorsv October 20, 2008 12:34AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Thanks for the comparison.
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by Virpeen October 20, 2008 12:46AM reply | quote
posted by Virpeen

This comparison makes me eager to receive mine ( the muse with the zone plate/pinhole lens)!!! I just can't wait... :p

----------------------
My website : [www.virpeen.com]... or my flickr : [flickr.com]
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 20, 2008 07:55AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

Thank you Rich for this interesting comparison. I really wanted to see what a plastic lens captures and I must say I really like the soft toy camera effect. Have a great trip. Thanks again - jimmy Oh,I like No.6 the best!

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by RichB October 21, 2008 05:57AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thank you Fugazi, Igor, Virpeen, and Jimmy. Jimmy, yes that plastic lens does produce a nice effect.

Rich
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by kmac October 21, 2008 08:41AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Interesting to see the comparison - thanks for taking the time. Like others really liked the image from the plastic optic - looking forward to seeing images from your trip.
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by RichB October 21, 2008 10:07PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Kmac,

I have been taking a lot of picures, but will not be able to process them till I return the last week of October. Thanks for your interest. Have a nice day.

Rich

PS Yes ... the plastic optic produces an intersting effect.
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by popquiz October 28, 2008 02:37AM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

looking forward to your trip pictures, thanks for posting this comparison

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: Composer "Five Optics" Comparison Shots posted by RichB October 28, 2008 11:09PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Thanks Glen. The Bosnia trip pictures are in the Show and Tell forum.

Rich

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today