Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

19 hours ago by rusteer

Re: side light to flare

view post

Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by Sergej October 15, 2008 03:09AM reply | quote
posted by Sergej

Last night I was spreading out my camera gear on our dining room table. The table filled up quickly with my Canon 5D, flash gear, batteries, transmitters, and lenses, including the LB 2.0 and 3G that gave me uncountable wonderful images of my kids, and the macrobug pictures that made it into the Lensbaby marketing materials. I felt like I was preparing for a big shoot...

The reality though, was that I had made the decision to sell all of my camera gear, and was preparing everything for the buyer to show up today. So now, it's all gone...

A piece of me is missing now...When turbulent economic times are over, we'll be in a better place again...and hopefully will be back to post here.

I'll be lurking here occasionally...Keep bending!
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by TwoSheepAsleep October 15, 2008 03:10AM reply | quote
posted by TwoSheepAsleep
aww i'm sorry to hear that. i don't know you but i can imagine the heart break. good luck.
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by ScottM October 15, 2008 03:14AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Sorry to hear that. Keep your head high through these tough times and hope to see you on here again in the near future.
Scott
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by ranfoto October 15, 2008 04:23AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Sounds like the end of the world selling your creative soul for a few dollars, but it's never the end of the world if the few dollars can get you back on the path of living life.

Sometimes a fresh start works wonders .....after you've been through a few decades of change and heartache .....we all learn to cope with the economy and our place in the worlds ebb and flow .

Life and family always come first ......everything else is just Bent !
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by RichB October 15, 2008 04:58AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Sergej,

"For Now" means we'll see you again, hopefully soon. Take care in the mean time. We'll miss you while you're gone.

Rich
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by shurla5 October 15, 2008 05:34AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Hope to see you back soon, you have such wonderful shots.
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 15, 2008 07:54AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

Best of luck Sergej, things will get better - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by Craig (Admin) October 15, 2008 08:40AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Sergej,

I am sorry to hear that you had to part with your gear. I hope that the proceeds are enough to get through this difficult time.

Don't just lurk, please. You are an important part of this community, please continue to contribute.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by BearWoodsDavid October 15, 2008 10:45AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Sergej,
I hope to see you often on the forum and look forward to your photographic return. Good Luck.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by Unni October 15, 2008 07:29PM reply | quote
posted by Unni

Sergej,
I'm really sorry to hear this. It must feel terrible to let go of your gear and with your hobby. You will miss it, and I am sure some photography-sessions would have been great to clear you mind and increase your spirit in though times. But you have done what you needed to do in this turbulent time. I wish you all the best, and I hope that the world will start spinning your way again in not long. Welcome back to the forum for looking, commenting and for more photos in the future.

Unni
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by Fugazi October 15, 2008 07:50PM reply | quote
posted by Fugazi

Hope things turn out well for you in the future. Keep faith.
Marc
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by Keithnc October 15, 2008 10:15PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Hang in there and you had to sell your gear.
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by TripleYYY October 16, 2008 12:29AM reply | quote
posted by TripleYYY
Sergej, I'm sorry to hear you are having difficult times. Good luck with your future endevours. Come back and visit the forums when you have time.

Y
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by CharCan October 16, 2008 03:19AM reply | quote
posted by CharCan

A sad subject to read about. Selling your equipment must have been hard. Hopefully you will be back soon. -Lisa
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by CMH October 17, 2008 11:22AM reply | quote
posted by CMH

all good wishes and what craig said - come back and visit!! i'm so sorry you have to go thru this. :( sending a hug.
cindi

[www.etsy.com]
[www.etsy.com]
Re: Goodbye, my bendy friends ... (for now) posted by jbrunjes October 18, 2008 08:12AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

You are living a situation we all fear. Please keep in touch and return so that we can continue to enjoy your photography.
Joby

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today