Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 day ago by Victoria Bell

Re: The Beach

view post

Filters with a Lensbaby?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Filters with a Lensbaby? posted by London Snapper November 29, 2004 01:26AM reply | quote
posted by
I have just got my new lens baby...it works brilliantly with all my NIkons.

But I just have one question, is it possible to use filters?

There is obviously a screw thread for the cap, but I can't find any reference in the manual as to the size and therefore can't figure out if I can mount a filter to it.

Any help on this would be gratefully received!

Snapper!

Re: Filters with a Lensbaby? posted by Craig (Admin) November 29, 2004 02:10PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Snapper,

37mm filter threads. I'll look into the manual and see what is up with that. I thought it was there. Thanks for the heads up.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Filters with a Lensbaby? posted by London Snapper November 29, 2004 07:19PM reply | quote
posted by
Hi Craig,

Thanks for the prompt response...now to track down some 37mm filters!

Also, I'll check my manual again, I may have missed it.

Cheers,

Snapper

Re: Filters with a Lensbaby? posted by Anonymous User November 29, 2004 10:58PM reply | quote
posted by
I just got a step-up filter adaptor and now i can use the filters i already have! (like 37mm to 52mm)

-adrian
Re: Filters with a Lensbaby? posted by DavidF December 01, 2004 04:12AM reply | quote
posted by DavidF

If you already have other-sized filters, consider getting a step-up or step-down ring. I have a number of 58mm filters and have a 37mm-to-58mm step-up ring so I can use these with my LB.

David
Re: Filters with a Lensbaby? posted by r.b.hynard December 02, 2004 03:16AM reply | quote
posted by
take a look on ebay under digital photography, i found several usful ones including a polarizer. I think there meant for camcorders and small digital cameras but they work great , good luck, Russell.
Re: Filters with a Lensbaby? posted by DavidF December 02, 2004 04:54AM reply | quote
posted by DavidF

I purchased filters from my favorite local camera store and from Filter Connection at [www.2filter.com]

I've heard very good things about Singh-Ray filters, but they're a bit out of my price range right now. Someday . . .

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today