Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

25 minutes ago by TG-J

Re: "Love Is Here to Stay"

view post

Anyone having this problem ?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Anyone having this problem ? posted by jumpinjimmyjava September 27, 2008 09:37AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

Hi all, since the new Lensbaby site opened I do NOT receive e-mail notification of my topic replies. I have gone to account settings > forum settings > and set it to Follow Topic and e-mail replies > then saved the setting but I never get e-mail notification. Are others having this problem - thanks jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by craig16229 September 27, 2008 11:51AM reply | quote
posted by craig16229

Jimmy,

I actually have not been able to get notifications going since July. I've tried everything I can think of.

Let me know if you get it figured out. For a while I thought my ISP my be filtering mail traffic from LB, but I get LB Newsletters so I don't think that is the issue.

Craig

[www.craigwasselphotoart.com]

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking . . . ."

~ Brooks Atkinson ~
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by RichB September 27, 2008 12:02PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Jimmy,

I have not gotten replies for a couple of months either. I don't think it is my ISP as I do get acknowledgements from Kirsten when I place an order for something with Lensbaby. Though come to think of it, I didn't get an acknowledgement when I order the Composer and Optics Kit this week -- I had to call to make sure Lensbaby got the order.

Rich
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by jumpinjimmyjava September 27, 2008 07:45PM reply | quote

Hey thanks for your replies Craig and Rich. I always got notified with the old forum so there must be a problem! I set Lensbaby as a safe site with my mail client and still do not get reply notifications. If others are having this problem, please let me know. Perhaps we can get it rectified - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by shurla5 September 27, 2008 10:48PM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Hey Jimmy,

I have had the same problem since the previous upgrade. I
have posted a couple times about the problem. I have just
let it go since, but I think the email problem caused the
lowered interest in the monthly association thread. I kept
up with the thread until I quit getting the notificaitons. Maybe they will get this resolved soon, I do miss notification of threads that I want to follow.
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by jumpinjimmyjava September 28, 2008 01:13AM reply | quote

Hi shurla, thanks for your reply. I just finished writing the Lensbaby staff to ask for there help in solving this problem and did indicate the lowered forum interest due to this clitch. Hope we get some help. I think the new site overall is just super - jimmy

Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by jumpinjimmyjava September 29, 2008 01:58AM reply | quote

UPDATE - Yesterday I wrote the Lensbaby staff to let them know many members aren't getting e-mail notifications for replies to there posts. As of today, Lensbaby staff have not replied. I will keep you all posted should I receive a reply. - jimmy

Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by jessicab (Admin) September 29, 2008 02:41AM reply | quote
posted by jessicab

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for alerting us to this problem. We are working on it right now and will update you when we have this bug worked out. Thanks for your patience while we sort this frustrating problem out!

Jessica
Lensbaby Customer Happiness team
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by jumpinjimmyjava September 29, 2008 03:58AM reply | quote

UPDATE
Kristen Hunter, Director of Customer Happiness just wrote,

"Thanks for alerting us to this problem. We are (obviously) still working out some bugs with the new site and will get our programmer on this asap."

jimmy

Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by shurla5 September 29, 2008 07:42AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Thats great Jimmy, thanks for getting the ball rolling.
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by ndroo September 29, 2008 07:00PM reply | quote
posted by ndroo

Off topic but I do love Kristen Hunter's <Director of Customer Happiness> title :P

fUzzYeYebAlls
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by jumpinjimmyjava September 29, 2008 10:03PM reply | quote

Hi ndroo, I wish more companies had "Directors of Customer Happiness" ! !! !!! :~} jimmy

Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by craig16229 October 04, 2008 09:21PM reply | quote
posted by craig16229

Interestingly, I get notifications now if I get a private message, but still not on threads.

Craig

[www.craigwasselphotoart.com]

"The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking . . . ."

~ Brooks Atkinson ~
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by sam October 07, 2008 04:07AM reply | quote
posted by sam

Hello Everyone,

My apologies for the slow response on this. The dust is still settling after a tremendous effort to relaunch, well, just about everything.

We are working to resolve this issue.

Sincerely,

Sam

see with the eyes of a child
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 08, 2008 08:28AM reply | quote

Thanks for the update Sam, much appreciated - jimmy

Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by AJ October 08, 2008 10:58AM reply | quote
posted by AJ

Patience young grasshoppers.

Try seeing it from Lensbabies point of view. On the scale of important "things to do" right now, email notifications for this FREE forum are probably not too high on the list. I'm sure getting notifications out for purhases are a much higher priority.

Yeah, its a cool feature, but not one that is by any means necessary to enjoy the forum. I've never subscribed to getting email notifications, rather I just visit the forum and see for myself. Don't most of us visit once a day anyway?

I feel that Lensbaby has the best customer service of ANY company I've come in contact with. They go above and beyond to do things "right".
Let's cut them some slack during their "re-birthing" period and just enjoy the new happenings. Your lenses will show up on time. They have every accessory imaginable to modify your Baby to your liking. They offer a free forum for us to store and share images...and to make new friends.

My 2 cents.

By the way, Jimmy....I've been trying to figure out where I know your quote from. Minority Report maybe?

Peace and Happiness
AJ

[www.flickr.com]
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by Mike Bokeh October 11, 2008 01:34AM reply | quote
posted by Mike Bokeh

I was going to ask this very question, and then I found this thread.

Not really a big deal; I'll just make sure to visit this forum first whenever I go online.

Great site.

Mike

Lensbabies make you think.
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 11, 2008 09:58PM reply | quote

Hi AJ, thanks for your reply. Point well taken. Hey, I really don't remember where I heard my quote " "In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is KING", but I thought how very true!
Take care and happy bending - jimmy

Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by Craig (Admin) October 15, 2008 08:45AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Anything that causes difficulty to our users is high on our list of priorities to get fixed.

It is a troubling issue to me too.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by jumpinjimmyjava November 11, 2008 09:36PM reply | quote

Hey thanks Lensbaby team, automatic notification is now working on my computer. This is great. Thanks again - jimmy

Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by jumpinjimmyjava November 16, 2008 12:39AM reply | quote

I received two topic reply notifications then it stopped working! Perhaps it is my ISP ? - jimmy

Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by btrancho November 17, 2008 09:27PM reply | quote
posted by btrancho

I haven't received any notifications at all. I don't think it is an ISP problem.

Is anyone here getting regular notifications? This can't be too tough to fix.

Bob

Trancho Photography - [bobtrancho.viewbook.com]
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by jumpinjimmyjava January 01, 2009 10:16PM reply | quote

Hi btrancho, I do not receive notifications. I am told staff at Lensbaby are working on the problem and I am sure there plates are already full ! It will be wonderful when this feature is working - jimmy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2009 10:17PM by jumpinjimmyjava.
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by Chrono1081 January 01, 2009 11:17PM reply | quote
posted by Chrono1081
I have that problem too. I'm on this site daily though nosing through posts so I didn't think to mention it.
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by Chrono1081 January 01, 2009 11:18PM reply | quote
posted by Chrono1081
Oh hahaha This is an old post.
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by RichB January 01, 2009 11:27PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

I still don't get notification either. It would be great if this could soon be fixed.

Rich
Re: Anyone having this problem ? posted by jumpinjimmyjava January 03, 2009 06:05AM reply | quote

Ya Rich, It would save members loads of time searching past posts for recent replies. I am sure it will eventually be rectified - jimmy

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today