Lensbaby Studio Forums

ARGH!!!!....just found out about the new lenses!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

ARGH!!!!....just found out about the new lenses! posted by RHWeiner September 23, 2008 03:23PM reply | quote
posted by RHWeiner

Dang it. I read of this on DPReview and, of course, the first thought was..."I wonder if I can get my 3G retrofitted?" Well, it doesn't look good to do that. (grumble)...and this after plunking down some good cash a while back. I don't relish the thought of doing the same again so soon but from my limited experience I know that the 3G is *not* set up for hand holding. I bought it with the thought that I could get away from the focus problem of an unsteady hand but it's really more set up for studio or on tripod use. Oh well, it's a good lens...just doesn't have the 'bells/whistles" the new Control Freak will have.

So now that other lens...the Composer looks like it may do the trick...easier to setup and able to keep things 'locked' in place while hand holding.

I hope that Glazers in Seattle will have one (to fit a Canon) handy when I'm there mid October. I really want to see what it can do.

[side note...I was wondering what Craig would do to make the LB fresh again. I guess we all know now, eh?]

RHW...Surrey, BC, CANADA
Re: ARGH!!!!....just found out about the new lenses! posted by jacjac September 23, 2008 07:28PM reply | quote
posted by jacjac
Can't you just order direct from Lensbay? I just placed my order for a new Composer that way and put my 3G up for sale, for the same reasons yuo are looking to make a move.

--------------------
My Blog
My flickr
Re: ARGH!!!!....just found out about the new lenses! posted by RHWeiner September 24, 2008 04:47PM reply | quote
posted by RHWeiner

I might look into doing that although it pains me to give up any of my lenses. :)

However I still do hope that Glazers will have one so I can at least hold it and maybe play with it a bit. Test before buying.

RHW...Surrey, BC, CANADA

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today