Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

20 minutes ago by ranfoto

Re: Fisheyes on Film!

view post

I love the new line!!!

1 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Re: I love the new line!!! posted by Craig (Admin) September 23, 2008 02:35AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

susabell
Just got the email about the new line and looks like lots of goodies to buy.

I have a question though about the Optic Kit. Do those work with the the old 3G? Or do I have to buy one of the new lens to use them on?

Sorry, but the interchangeable optics will work only with the new lenses.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by essablue September 23, 2008 02:56AM reply | quote
posted by essablue

I just ordered the Composer! I don't think I can wait 4-6 weeks though! :) Any chance it will come sooner?
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by Craig (Admin) September 23, 2008 03:01AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Let's hope so.

We're working hard on that.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by BARONDLA September 23, 2008 06:18AM reply | quote
posted by BARONDLA

Great new products! Always wanted a 3G with LBO optics! Now we can change them at will. Great idea.

A few questions. Understand pinhole, but what is a zone plate?
Trying to wrap my head around differences in Composer and the new "3G" (forgot its name). Is there something one can do that the other can't? Understand tweaking the rods but doesn't the Composer also give infinite control? Does the "3G" focus closer because of the bellows?

thanks
barondla
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by susabell September 23, 2008 08:24AM reply | quote
posted by susabell

Craig
Sorry, but the interchangeable optics will work only with the new lenses.

Thank you for answering Craig. Looks like I have to start saving my pennies :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2008 08:24AM by susabell.
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by felixmartin September 23, 2008 08:42AM reply | quote
posted by felixmartin
What is the closest the composer can focus??

The specs say 18inches and in parenthesis say 30cm.
So which is right?? (18inches is 45 cm,)

-Felix
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by Craig (Admin) September 23, 2008 09:22AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

45cm, thanks, we will fix this.

It is more important to have the +4/+10 macro kit lenses with the Composer as there is not ability to push on the back of the collar and get closer like there was with our previous babies.

The close focus with the wide angle adapter mounted is about 10 inches from the front of the lens.

-Craig

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by TG-J (Admin) September 23, 2008 10:03AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

Hey Craig Great Work. Still waiting for the"LB-AF-ED" LOL. Cograts Tony.
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by BearWoodsDavid September 23, 2008 10:17AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Susabell,
It looks to me like all of the accessories will still fit the lenses. They all look the same to me.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by Captured Light September 23, 2008 10:47AM reply | quote
posted by Captured Light

Awesome new line!! Wonder if the wife and kid will wonder why there's so much Mac & Cheese for dinner the next few months??

Are you going to be selling the new lenses mechanical parts as "body only"? I could see buying one and the optics kit to start with and them filling in the other mechanical/mount piece (muse, composer, etc.) as money allows since you already have all the optics.

Thanks for evolving your great products!
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by felixmartin September 23, 2008 12:45PM reply | quote
posted by felixmartin
Thanks for clarifying Craig. Is there any difference between the composer and the control freak regarding performance? I just placed my order for the composer and the set of removable optics.

I own a 3G, but the new interchangeable optics look too good!

I just want to know the differences between the new producs.

-Felix
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by BARONDLA September 23, 2008 12:57PM reply | quote
posted by BARONDLA

New lenses look great! Website is nice. Changed a lot since yesterday.
Have a few questions. Know pinhole but what is a zone plate? Is there any type of picture a Composer can't do that a Control Freak can? Understand the adjustable rods, but Composer would seem to be infinetly adjustable too. Maybe Control Freak will focus closer because of "bellows"?
Will Composer stay put even with the wide or tele lens attachment on it? What camera mounts will the new lenses be available in?
thanks
barondla (just learned what the old lenses did).
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by Trav September 23, 2008 07:50PM reply | quote
posted by Trav

susabell
I have a question though about the Optic Kit. Do those work with the the old 3G? Or do I have to buy one of the new lens to use them on?

-Trav

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2008 07:51PM by Trav.
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by susabell September 24, 2008 12:25AM reply | quote
posted by susabell

Trav
Alas no - just with the new series as the internals are different; You can't swap the internals on your (or my) 3G without getting out the hacksaw, drill & superglue :-\

Ahh but then I'd HAVE to buy a new one. Ok, now where did I put that hacksaw. :-)
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by BearWoodsDavid September 24, 2008 10:27AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Wow, I think the new line is a hit. I sent out an email to many of my students and have received some great comments on the line. They are already wanting to schedule more Lensbaby field trips! They don't want to wait until our Holiday lights in Atlanta trip. Thanks again Lensbaby.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by Craig (Admin) September 24, 2008 01:12PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Thanks David for spreading the word.

-Craig

Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: I love the new line!!! posted by crfrey71 September 30, 2008 06:13AM reply | quote
posted by crfrey71

Well, I just placed my order for the Composer along with the optics kit. Can't wait. Now I need to get a better tripod, if i am going to use the pinhole/zone plate optic. LOL
1 2

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today