Latest Post

9 hours ago by moonske

Edge80 - Hasselt

view post

telephoto converter?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

telephoto converter? posted by ames November 22, 2004 10:11AM reply | quote
posted by
I was just wondering if anyone uses a telephoto converter with any of their shots? If so, what do you like, or recommend? It seems that most people use the wide angle more. Just wondering if I should invest in one in the future.
Re: telephoto converter? posted by Craig (Admin) November 29, 2004 02:23PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Ames,

I use the 1.5x conversion lens from the Raynox kit occasionally. These kits may not be available long so if you want one, get it. Something similar and most likely with a metal body, rather than plastic, will replace this kit.

Here is an image (taken with a Raynox telephoto lens) from my trip to Italy with Kevin and Clare Kubota in April.

I would think that a converter that goes between your camera and Lensbaby will be less of a good thing than one of these conversion lenses as it will crop out the majority of the Lensbaby effect.

Have a super day.

-Craig

Post Edited (11-30-04 16:25)

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: telephoto converter? posted by prabu.venkat November 29, 2004 05:20PM reply | quote
posted by
Dear Craig,

I was wanting to ask about the effect of using the LB on a teleconverter
vs using a teleconvertor for the LB.

What an awesome shot you have got with the raynox kit! wow!

;-p r a b u!
Re: telephoto converter? posted by ames November 30, 2004 07:31AM reply | quote
posted by
Thanks for the input Craig. I guess I'll have to go the conversion lens route since the lb doesn't want to work with my teleconverter. I can fasten it onto the teleconverter but the shutter doesn't work properly. I can trip it when I press the shutter button but it doesn't close. Has anyone else experienced this?
Re: telephoto converter? posted by Craig (Admin) November 30, 2004 07:53AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Ames,

Your teleconverter needs to be backed off from the fully locked position by about 1/3 inch. I suggest a piece of tape to keep the whole assembly in this position. Canon cameras have a mechanical switch that, when tripped, tell the camera that there is a lens mounted and to look for electronics. Your Lensbaby does not trip this switch but your teleconveter does and since your Lensbaby has no electronics and the contacts on your teleconverter only pass through information from your Canon lenses, you must fool the camera into thinking there is no lens mounted by backing off your teleconverter a bit.

Interested to see if your images with the converter have much of the Lensbaby effect or if the blur is mostly cropped out.

Have a super duper day.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: telephoto converter? posted by ames November 30, 2004 01:41PM reply | quote
posted by
Thank you very much. I'll certainly give it a shot and let you know!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today