Latest Post

10 hours ago by beyond_Life

Dragons Blood

view post

Mmmm, I love donuts.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by TripleYYY July 31, 2008 06:41AM reply | quote
posted by TripleYYY
For those of you that don't like bots :O .....these ones are for you. ;)

Twist, turn, jump, and multiples of 9. LB 3G F-2.

Y
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by Otto Phokus July 31, 2008 06:52AM reply | quote
posted by Otto Phokus

Very creative, almost like looking at a sattelite view of a hurricane. I like!
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by rannestad July 31, 2008 07:11AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Certainly a new way of seeing it. Especially no1 works great with the focus. The parabolic focus can really be used for creative stuff.

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by shurla5 July 31, 2008 07:50AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

These are really different and creative, I Like 1 best.
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by ranfoto July 31, 2008 04:44PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Hee ! Did you take up knitting now ? :))
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by rlprinter July 31, 2008 05:47PM reply | quote
posted by rlprinter

Very creative. They all work so well as a series of images. Plus, for donuts, they must be fat free.

Rich Lewis
www.photo.net/photos/Richard_Lewis
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by oliver tudoras July 31, 2008 10:16PM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

very interesting

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by popquiz July 31, 2008 11:00PM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

ditto on all that has been said. Now I must ask can you share your technique for capturing these and your earlier posts?

Love 'em all.

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by TripleYYY August 01, 2008 12:15AM reply | quote
posted by TripleYYY
Thanks Otto,Rannestad,Shurla,rAnD,Rich,Ollie,and Glen.

rAnD, knitting hahahahahahahaha not a chance. :)

Rich, LB donuts are always fat free. Good thing too. :O

Glen, These are multiple exposures of 9, taken in camera. Pentax K10D. With each exposure turn the camera a little bit. You can move the center of the circle by keeping something (a flower)in the same spot in the view finder. My second photo here, I kept the center spot right in the middle of the photo. For the other 2, I used other markers in my view finder. Oh ya, and I have a huge garden...I planted this area with annual flowers just to photograph...and they are just now comming into full bloom, to give these effects.

What I liked about these is that they shows more LB effect.

I will have to go back and see what others I posted.

Y
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by Sputnik August 01, 2008 12:19AM reply | quote
posted by Sputnik

These are wonderful, bot's I can relate to!

Mary
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by TripleYYY August 01, 2008 12:36AM reply | quote
posted by TripleYYY
Thanks Mary.

Back to answering Glen.

The other post was just straight multiple exposures with LB 3G. Moving the camera a touch with each exposure. The K10D allows for multiples from 2 to 9.

The post with camera movement is just slow shutter and move the camera. Make sure to shut off the anti shake though. You will have to test the f-rings to see which one works in your light conditions...this is why I didn't specify.

Y

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2008 12:37AM by TripleYYY.
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by igorsv August 01, 2008 12:39AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

Creative. Thanks for sharing your technique.
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by popquiz August 01, 2008 12:40AM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

Thanks Y, I was trying to figure it out without going the multiple exposure route. Very nice garden. Surely the gardner is pleased.

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by BARONDLA August 01, 2008 11:27AM reply | quote
posted by BARONDLA

Love these shots. The repeating images is cool. Will try this with my Pentax K10D. Did it once with a zoom lens being zoomed a little for each exposure. Always something new to try.
thanks
barondla
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by RichB August 01, 2008 12:21PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

YYY,

These are beautiful and most creative. Thanks for sharing your secrets as well!

Rich
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by TripleYYY August 02, 2008 12:02AM reply | quote
posted by TripleYYY
Thanks Igorsv,barondla,and RichB.

Glen, for some reason the multiples done in photoshop just don't seem to have the same appearance.

Barondla, I am also familiar with the zoom technique. I have been doing this type of photography for many years....and now an added twist with the LB. :) Please post your pics once you try this.

Y
Re: Mmmm, I love donuts. posted by Crabcakes August 02, 2008 04:19AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Wow--very creative use of the LB and cool technique--Multiple exposures--to cool for MY camera...

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today