Latest Post

12 hours ago by rusteer

rims

view post

First Lensbabies shots.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

First Lensbabies shots. posted by mattdm June 27, 2008 11:56AM reply | quote
posted by mattdm
So, after much agonizing over the purchase, I finally got a Lensbaby, and ran around this evening taking pictures with it:

Lensbaby 2.0, Pentax K10D.

The first ones are with the f/4 aperture disk; for the last ones I stopped down further, although I can't actually remember which disk I used.

As you can see if you look at the filenames, my "hit ratio" is pretty low -- I shot about 200 images and came back with this handful. But I definitely had a lot of fun.

I need to work on getting focus right and putting the sweet spot where it ought to be — a challenge with fast-moving kids! (The one with the fallen log would have been a keeper one second earlier. Oh well.)

All of this is straight JPEG from the K10D without postprocessing (shrunk with ImageMagic). I actually think the K10D's jpeg engine suits the lensbaby quite well.
Re: First Lensbabies shots. posted by RichB June 27, 2008 12:05PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Welcome to the LB Forum. Thanks for sharing your some of your first shots with us. Very nice. I've been at it for about 8 months, and I'm satisfied myself with a handfull of keepers out of a couple hundred!

Rich

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today