Lensbaby Studio Forums

New to lensbaby...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

New to lensbaby... posted by BishopB June 24, 2008 11:43AM reply | quote
posted by BishopB
Hi all -- Am new here and fairly new to my Lensbaby as well...here is a recent image taken and leaving the focus point in the center for this image. Appreciate your thoughts and looking through all of your various posts. Cropped and coverted to B&W. Best regards -- Bishop
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by RichB June 24, 2008 11:54AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Bishop,

Welcome to the forum -- you will love your new Lensbaby. The depth of field is great in your B&W image. A very creative composition.

Rich
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by David Morel June 24, 2008 11:56AM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

Ok...in light of the new found interest in critiquing shots...I have nothing to critique this on! I think it is fabulous!!!! :-)

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by essablue June 24, 2008 12:02PM reply | quote
posted by essablue

I agree, it is a fabulous image! Welcome to the forum, look forward to more of your work!

Kelly
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by Sergej June 24, 2008 02:18PM reply | quote
posted by Sergej

That's beautiful. It makes you wonder what happened - did the person try to plant the flower in a hurry and damage it in the process? Are there any flowers left to enjoy?
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by ScottM June 24, 2008 02:23PM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

Beautiful image, well done and can only say that I look forward to your next post.
Scott
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by BearWoodsDavid June 24, 2008 11:47PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Welcome and you have posted a beautiful image. Usually people start with something a little less spectacular. Does this mean everything after this is better? I can't wait to be dazzled.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by Darrell Marquette June 24, 2008 11:53PM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

Looks perfect to me. I wouldn't change anything. BTW, what type of flower is it?
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by TG-J (Admin) June 25, 2008 12:49AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

CLASSIC. Tony.
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by michael m June 25, 2008 02:40AM reply | quote
posted by michael m

The light is really great, giving the image good texture and depth. I have no other CCC, but I'd be interested in any details about your process for making the image that you might care to share.

Thanks for posting.
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by BishopB June 25, 2008 10:05AM reply | quote
posted by BishopB
Thank you all for your comments...they are much appreciated!

In response to the questions posed, this is a Gardenia (I only know because I asked). I suppose the bar is set high now given David's comments...not sure I can surpass this effort but will try.

As for Michael's processing question...cropped to a square, converted in PS to B&W, used a few different cureves adjustments to bring out the texture of the flower and to darken the areas around the flower to further focus attention to the flower...not alot of work really.

Again, I appreciate your comments...I have enjoyed looking at everyone's images and look forward to posting and commenting further.

Best regards -- Bishop
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by shurla5 June 25, 2008 10:28AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Bishop,

Welcome to the forum, this is really pretty.

Shurla
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by BearWoodsDavid June 25, 2008 10:48AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Bishop,
Naturally I was kidding please post all of your work, it is inspiring and gives us ideas. Do us a favor though and every once in awhile make one out of focus, overexposed, you know bad enough to realize your human. Thanks again for showing such a wonderful image.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by Xavier June 25, 2008 11:50AM reply | quote
posted by Xavier

This is just excellent. Great composition, perfectly balanced. The contrast is dead on in my opinion. Welcome and please keep sharing.

X
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by ranfoto June 26, 2008 02:58AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Well as the saying goes, you nailed Bot Bending.......fab image with a human touch.

I like it when there seems to be a story brewing behind the image.......peaks interest and isn't that part of aRt Bending at it's best ? I feel it is anyway !
Re: New to lensbaby... posted by MattW June 26, 2008 09:36PM reply | quote
posted by MattW

Great high-contrast mono, lovely textures and detail.

Matthew

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today